strandy

Oct 3, 2014
Hi, My iMX6 box froze recently I had to disconnect power to reboot, when I did the box looked like it had factory reset, there was absolutely nothing on it apart from the clock lol
I done a restore using toothpick and everything seemed to go fine, or rather it did restore the box with all apps and droidwizard all good I hear you say. Well my issue is I now have a windows 8 style menu rather than the original 3d menu which I loved, I know its no biggy but I detest the windows 8 style and would love to have my 3d menu back. Anything that can be done ?

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
Follow this process to check which launchers are installed and available to select:
Android Settings>Apps§>Scroll to the far right>Scroll down and look for any entries with "Launcher" in the title>Click on each one until you find the Clear Defaults button is available to click on>Click on it.
Now press home, and check each launcher (select one, then click on Just Once, until you've checked both/all of them out). If you find the one you want, press home again, and this time select that launcher, and use the Always button instead.
If you don't see the launcher there, I'm a little bit stumped, as you normally only get a different launcher when changing firmwares. We could have a look around the older firmwares and see which has the 3D style launcher. Just to check, does the 3D launcher you like look the same as the screenshots here - https://droidbox.co.uk/blog/imx6-DroidBOX-set-up-guide/ ?

§ - If you can't see an Apps sub-menu, select the last tab and click on the More Settings button.

strandy

Oct 3, 2014
Thanks for the very quick response much appreciated. Yes thats the 3d menu I like, I'll give your suggestion a go asap

strandy

Oct 3, 2014
Update... No luck cleared the launchers (there was 2) but still boots straight to windows 8 launcher, it must have been a firmware upgrade but I never accepted any upgrade. Not too worry I'll get used to the new launcher and box works fine otherwise.

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
Strange that after clicking the CLEAR DEFAULT button (only one should have worked I think) you weren't presented with an option the next time you used the HOME button. If you want to try a different approach, you could install a new launcher (you don't actually need to use it fulltime, this is just a way to get the launcher selection menu up), and then check each launcher out. If you have a remote control with an Air Mouse function (wave your arm around with the remote control, the cursor on screen moves), then Go Launcher EX - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.gau.go.launcherex&hl=en_GB - should be fine to use.
In terms of firmware updates, the OTA server is offline, so you'll not have had an update that way.

strandy

Oct 3, 2014
I'm not really sure what happened to be honest, the box froze overnight without me realising so had been locked up for around 24 hrs when I realized I powered off and the rest is history lol I have another launcher on usd so I'll try that,if it fails I'll live with the new menu its not the end of the world after all. Excellent product by the way.