white_wolf1976

Aug 9, 2014
ok so i updated from xbmc to kodi everything installed correctly, no problems

but now i went to use droid box wizard on kodi nothing there ??? no wizard, no maintenance tool and hardly any add ons....

yes i waited for around an hour or so for it to finish updating....

but still nothing...

so i un installed and went back to xbmc, installed fine waited yet again went to droid box wizard and got script error when i tried to run it...

also i cant do any ota update on the box it says its an invalid rom ?? and its been like that since i received the replacement from droidbox as my original box died...

any ideas

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
Somewhere over the rainbow
Hi, they can be a pain at times...sounds like you may have to do a reset, you will need a tooth pick and the reset button is in the AV hole. Unplug the power and push the reset button in as you hold this plug the power in again hold until you get a list up, clear cache and do a factory reset. After this wait until its rebooted and wait 15mins for things to install again. Then go to xbmc again and this time use the 1st Confluence skin and start again....if you've already done this and still no look, get in touch using live chat in the morning and we can look into this for you. Hope this helps and sorry your having probs.

white_wolf1976

Aug 9, 2014
after ive cleared cache and factory reset, i havnt got xbmc so i have to reinstall it again...its a pain in the arse to be honest

white_wolf1976

Aug 9, 2014
ive wiped everything again and used the imx6 recovery from this here ( wont let me post link ???

now im just getting the reset mode eveytime i reboot :(
looks like the bin is calling for it

paulwex1

Jan 15, 2015
Hi I have the same problem. I turned on my box yesterday and got the thank you and welcome message to media box. Now all my apps are gone. I downloader the recovery image to SD card and followed the tutorial video exactly. After doing the factory reset and following all instructions here I still have nothing on the box besides a few basic apps. All my pre installed apps are gone. I've sent 4 emails to support, tried ringing but no answer. Even if they could send me DroidBOX wizard file I could manually install the rest myself. I've sent proof of purchase, followed all instructions but left with a box with nothing on it and can't get a reply or help

paulwex1

Jan 15, 2015
Thanks for reply Dave, but when you use the recovery mode isn't it meant to bring back all preinsalled apps? I've used it before on my older imx6 and it worked fine everything came back in 20mins. This a new box I bought a few months ago and I've tried several times to reset it,I'm beginning to think the box is faulty. I understand everyone is busy, I'm just anxious to fix it as I gave this box to my nephew as a gift and now I feel bad as I can't get it to work. I guess I may just wait and see will support reply to me as I don't think live chat will help but thanks for reply

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
Yes I was under thar impression to, you normally wait around 20mins and they slowly come back. Sorry to ask have you tried again this time clear cache before you do it. If you have maybe its time to us the Live chat. They are busy but keep trying and good luck

paulwex1

Jan 15, 2015
Yes I cleared cache first, then factory reset. I had SD card with recovery image on it in the box, I held down the reset button,plugged in box,the recovery page came up,I cleared cache, then factory reset, confirmed it,pressed reboot now. Then launcher appeared for a few seconds,disappeared by itself and went to the welcome page,I left it for half an hour,then when I clicked on all the configuration next buttons it went to launche page again,it showed 3d launcher and launcher but no xbmc,I waited for another while before launching. When I launched it only a few basic apps came back every thing else never returned. As I said I've done this before on my own imx6 box with no problems, everything came back the same as when I got it from DroidBOX. But nothing on this new box. I know how to install everything manually if I have to but I will be missing the DroidBOX wizard the most important thing

white_wolf1976

Aug 9, 2014
duno really, i left it idle for around 2 hrs, after factory reset and when i next looked at it, it was just as it always was everything back in place ??..but kodi still wasnt working...so silently screaming sorted it for me over remote access to my droid box...he un installed old version and installed new kodi with droid wizard...
followed steps and bosh its working better than before....

if i had the kodi file with working droid wizard i personally think i could have sorted it myself
as im used to flashing android phones...( but like anything, if you havnt got the right tools to do the job then its a job that's not going to be done right)

we had a chat on the phone during the process and i hold my hat of to him...he is a great guy and had time to help me

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
Sometimes these boxes can be a pain, also after resetting them they can take a bit of time to get back. I've have of one that was all night. In the end glad you got sorted. And SilentlyScreaming No's a thing or too about these probs. at the moment I'm helping out here while he sorts other things out.