Stuart A Sloan

Sep 29, 2016
I recently unboxed my imxq pro and it lasts 5 minutes before freezing up. It will only work again after switching it off at the wall. I've tried rebooting and a factory refresh but nothing is working. Any ideas?

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
Can you let us know which applications you use, and if Kodi/DBMC exactly which add-ons/shortcuts you normally use. The community can then test the same apps/add-ons and see if there is a pattern/solution to be found.

Stuart A Sloan

Sep 29, 2016
It's mainly the Kodi app crashing it but I tried Jarvis 16.1 and a reboot as well but no luck. I tried to factory refresh it but nothing helped. The add-on was exodus. Even leaving it on the dashboard for a couple of minutes crashes it. Has anyone else had issues with the imxq pro freezing?

Choi

May 5, 2016
I had a similar problem. The box would work okay for a few minutes then become extremely laggy and then appear to freeze. Managed to solve it by turning off the WiFi and using a Homeplug instead and now it performs nicely.

Stuart A Sloan

Sep 29, 2016
Ah right the guys from droidbox ended up swapping the box for a new one and it works great now. They couldn't recreate the problem at their office so I guess it might've been WiFi or a dodgy app.

Reactions: ChrisM

Choi

May 5, 2016
Good to hear they got you fixed up! That's one of things I really appreciate about DroidBox!

Reactions: ChrisM