BigHairyWookie

Jan 11, 2018
I just bought a iMXQPro mini and I setup Kodi but loading the pvr epg is horrendously slow, to the point where I think it just gives up after an hour or so of just sitting at 0%. I've also tried setting up Perfect Player and that's just as bad.

Tried using both wired & wireless connections, vpn & no vpn, even on another internet connection & nothing has really made a difference. I've recreated the setup on a laptop with Kodi & it all works fine, the epg loads within a couple of minutes.

I thought I might have stuffed something up and I tried going through the factory reset options in the Control Centre, but after clicking Fix It, the box grey's out and nothing happens.

Am I doing something wrong or have I got a dodgy device?

angela

Mar 3, 2015
Hi, You could try running a speed test on your box to see what speeds you are getting, also just to make sure go into your setting security and make sure enable unknown sources is checked. If your on BT I would double check from your box that there smart set-up is off, if all that fails I would contact support.

Bar

Aug 1, 2017
I thought I might have stuffed something up and I tried going through the factory reset options in the Control Centre, but after clicking Fix It, the box grey's out and nothing happens.

The box looks greyed out but if you select factory reset then hover mouse cursor over Fix It, it should start reset process. You can also go into settings from Launcher Home Screen, All Apps, select Settings then there'll be an option somewhere to reset device ;

Are you using Simple IPTV PVR Client? Try setting your client setting to the same as these if you are using this client (you'll need to enable EXPERT settings at bottom left).

You could also select Clear Data under to reimport EPG from your backend, after everything's reimported, check these setting again, then reboot device by using the power button icon on kodi's home screen and select reboot (don't press power button on remote as I think that just sleeps Kodi / imxq pro).

screenshot004.png

screenshot005.png

Last edited:
Reactions: ChrisM

BigHairyWookie

Jan 11, 2018
Hi, You could try running a speed test on your box to see what speeds you are getting, also just to make sure go into your setting security and make sure enable unknown sources is checked. If your on BT I would double check from your box that there smart set-up is off, if all that fails I would contact support.

Ran a speed test, currently getting 26mb down, 10mb up.
Checked the security settings and both Android & Kodi set for unknown sources.
I'm with Sky and definately got no parental control or that rubbish sky shield installed or active.

The box looks greyed out but if you select factory reset then hover mouse cursor over Fix It, it should start reset process. You can also go into settings from Launcher Home Screen, All Apps, select Settings then there'll be an option somewhere to reset device ;

Yeah, the Fix It button changes colour, to denote that I've pressed the button, but it doesn't do anything. I found the other reset option you mentioned, might give that a try.

Are you using Simple IPTV PVR Client? Try setting your client setting to the same as these if you are using this client (you'll need to enable EXPERT settings at bottom left).
You could also select Clear Data under to reimport EPG from your backend, after everything's reimported, check these setting again, then reboot device by using the power button icon on kodi's home screen and select reboot (don't press power button on remote as I think that just sleeps Kodi / imxq pro).

Thanks for the instructions on this. Gave it a good bash but it still come up with the PVR manager is starting up: 0% and it just sits there for hours until it times out.

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
I've not tried this out, so NO guarantee the effort will be worth it, but...
If you take your laptop's Kodi data folders (specifically any related to the EPG), and copy them to your Android device, it might be that the Android device wouldn't then need to run through the initial set up procedure, as the laptop has already done this.

On your laptop (if Windows), the folder is at %APPDATA%\kodi\userdata (%appdata% can be in different locations, depending on which version of Windows you're using)

On your Android device, it will be (double check in ES File Explorer/File Manager HD/your preferred file management app) Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/userdata/ . You may need to turn on an option to see hidden files and folders, for the .kodi folder to be visible

If you don't specifically copy over just the EPG related data files, you may end up losing important info, so backup the Android data first, if setting it up again is something that will take you a while.

BigHairyWookie

Jan 11, 2018
On your laptop (if Windows), the folder is at %APPDATA%\kodi\userdata (%appdata% can be in different locations, depending on which version of Windows you're using)
On your Android device, it will be (double check in ES File Explorer/File Manager HD/your preferred file management app) Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/userdata/ . You may need to turn on an option to see hidden files and folders, for the .kodi folder to be visible

Just tried this idea out and still the same problem stuck at 0% then gives up. Shame, 'cause I really liked this idea.
I'm pretty much at the point of giving up on the whole Droidbox atm.

Bar

Aug 1, 2017
Have you cleared Kodi's Cache? It may contain corrupted files.

Download this repo, install from zip then start Ares Wizard, it has a function to clear Kodi's Cache. Reboot then try PVR again.

Ares Wizard:
Code:
https://mega.nz/#!sElBmbTC!xbf1XUZBs5VcgL4198QUxm-zkS8UyDLyLYBfPyJxZfw

Personally I would factory reset it and setup the PVR Backend again, then try again.

BigHairyWookie

Jan 11, 2018
Have you cleared Kodi's Cache? It may contain corrupted files.
Download this repo, install from zip then start Ares Wizard, it has a function to clear Kodi's Cache. Reboot then try PVR again.
Personally I would factory reset it and setup the PVR Backend again, then try again.

Ok, did both of these. Ares showed the cache at 0mb used, tried it anyway and nothing changed.
Managed to do a factory reset via the settings page, this did it's thing, got it all setup again, and after re-setting up Kodi, still no change on the pvr guide.
I'm about ready to drop-kick it out the window now.

angela

Mar 3, 2015
Hi, You could try putting your m3u playlist in something like Livestream Pro, if it installs in there you will know its something to do with the simple client, if it won't install you will know its either the m3u list or something else is blocking it.

Bar

Aug 1, 2017
If you using xtreme editor as your backend, you could try resetting your settings (New APP Code) then enter Line ID, etc and try it? You checked the line sub is OK with your provider?

go into your addons and find the pvr client, click it and select update, it'll pick the repo it came from and update it, then try again. Had this happening with my guide and that cleared it.

Last edited:

BigHairyWookie

Jan 11, 2018
Hi, You could try putting your m3u playlist in something like Livestream Pro, if it installs in there you will know its something to do with the simple client, if it won't install you will know its either the m3u list or something else is blocking it.

I've tried setting up Perfect Player with the m3u lists and that's just as bad.

If you using xtreme editor as your backend, you could try resetting your settings (New APP Code) then enter Line ID, etc and try it? You checked the line sub is OK with your provider?
go into your addons and find the pvr client, click it and select update, it'll pick the repo it came from and update it, then try again. Had this happening with my guide and that cleared it.

Nope not using that.

Weirdly I did manage to finally get the guide to update once on Monday evening, but since then it doesn't look like it's updated.
I think I'm just going to give up, the whole process just isn't going to pass muster as an effective cord cutting solution.

Thanks to all for the suggestions.

Reactions: Bar