Bharat Suvarna

Apr 2, 2018
Majour Annoying Issues with IMXQPRO V1.2

I have two Driodbox sets (Nano and IMXQPROv1.2). But none them compare against a old box which is MX3 with S802 processor. I dont get why the driodbox sets are so bad.

- NO updates, it states that box up to date, both boxes are running android 6.0.1 and I cant find a way of udpating to 7

- I have installed Kodi 17.6 stable version and that seems to take for ever to start up on the box
- Reset using the Settings page doesnt do any good
- There is no other OTA update app, other than update or backup app on the box
- Google play store or ES explorer or stb emulator etc just keeps stopping and coming up with do you want to wait or close it message randomly.
- cant see SuperSu either so I am assuming it does have a root function onit.

- Could some one suggest how to fix these errors, I can do these thing myself but need some guidance on how to proceed. I cant have this box hang every so often. I think I need to update the google apps or android firmware on this box first, then it needs rooting using Supersu, which is missing and Driodbox OTA update as well. Then other than that I need to get rid of teh XMBC app from droibox, some pre installed stuff is not needed.

We use KOdi for exodus and STB emulator for paid IPTV service. Thats all I need the box for.

Please suggest the best way to get this box optimized.

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
A few things to try to see if it helps.

But first of all, you refer to a "Driodbox" Nano box.
As far as I know, DROIDBOX did not supply this box although a similarly named company DROIBOX did. So you might want to check with them about issues on that box, although some of the following may help.

I don't think there has been a recent firmware update for theDROIDBOX IMXQPro v1.2. for some time so you are probably up to date. I doubt that there is a version of android 7 which is compatible with your machines spec. A quick browse of the xda developers forum has a number of threads where people had tried to load android 7 on similar machines and had problems with WiFi not working post update for example.

Google play store, es file explorer. I have seen this error sometimes when the system clock has not updated quick enough - i.e. it has not got its correct time from the internet. In case this is the cause, check your box has retrieved the correct time/date before opening the apps.

In terms of Google play do you have the most up to date version - currently 9.4.18? You can sometimes force an update by clearing data and cache and uninstalling updates. Or if that fails, get the most recent version from the apkmirror web site.

If you don't have SuperSU installed you can get it from the Google play store.

You might want to consider doing a fresh start on Kodi and getting rid of any garbage by going into settings - apps - Kodi and clearing cache and data. You will need to set things up from scratch again unless you have taken a back up of your Kodi installation.

The Droidbox version of Kodi - DBMC - can be uninstalled along with other unwanted apps (unless they were built into the firmware) by going into settings - apps and uninstalling.

Using exodus is not a good idea. That addon has not been supported for over a year.

If all else fails, you might want to consider doing a factory reset.

Last edited:

Bharat Suvarna

Apr 2, 2018
Thanks for the Reply,

I can see that the clock is up to date, and it doesnt happen when I open the google play app, it happens when I start the box from suspend mode. I wait for the box to complete the start up and when I try to use the remote to navigate to the stb emulator or any other app, it takes a while on startup for the whole box to be ready. At that point it will come up stating either the google play app is not reponding and needs suspended or es explorer, other time I have seen this happen is when I was using Kodi or STB emulator and error message popsup.

How to avoid the clock from automatically getting data from server, rather than that I would prefer to just set it my self and save the hassle.

I dont think the box is rooted, dont know if that is the issue, could there be a easy way to get the box rooted with SuperSU?

Marmite Sandwich

Aug 15, 2018
There is definitely a problem with Google Play store. I have reset to factory state and before I install anything the system is trying to update the play store, which is on version 6.x. This update fails every time and occurs every time you reboot. I have tried to download and install a current apk, but this also fails. The firmware needs an update.
Marmite

fhscot

Jul 24, 2019
Hello Folks
I already have a Droidbox T8-S-Plus V2 and recently acquired a faulty Droidbox Amlogic S905 iMXQ Pro 4k Box ,more or less to play around with, it came with the droidbox front page,kodi 16 and the droidbox apps, it did load up at first only to Freeze ,blue screen but the remote control still worked, I got a generic AMLogic S905 CPU firmware (Hugson) from chinagadgetsreviews.com and amazingly everything works ,except the remote control
How can I fix this or could I get the original firmware (Droidboxi MXQ Pro AMLogic S905 CPU) from your site
Thanks
Freddy

Attachments

• MXQ Pro 4k(S905--(2015).jpg
    MXQ Pro 4k(S905--(2015).jpg
    108.5 KB · Views: 316
  • DB iMXQ.jpg
    DB iMXQ.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 289

Dave C

Staff member
Marketing
Sep 1, 2015
London
www.droix.co.uk
Hello Folks
I already have a Droidbox T8-S-Plus V2 and recently acquired a faulty Droidbox Amlogic S905 iMXQ Pro 4k Box ,more or less to play around with, it came with the droidbox front page,kodi 16 and the droidbox apps, it did load up at first only to Freeze ,blue screen but the remote control still worked, I got a generic AMLogic S905 CPU firmware (Hugson) from chinagadgetsreviews.com and amazingly everything works ,except the remote control
How can I fix this or could I get the original firmware (Droidboxi MXQ Pro AMLogic S905 CPU) from your site
Thanks
Freddy
We do not have the firmware for this device. But you can use a remote with a USB dongle which should work fine. Any of the remotes at https://droidbox.co.uk/android-powered-tv-devices-by-droix/accessories.html will work.

Marmite Sandwich

Aug 15, 2018
Hi Freddy,
Is it a iMXQ Pro v1.2? If so, I can supply the firmware, but it still has a problem with Google Play Store updates, despite help from Dave. Updating Google Play Services manually did solve the problem for a while, but it came back again. Constantly tries to update Google Play Store, but fails. Still stuck on v 6.7.13E. I found the only way to get any kind of decent performance out of this device was to disable all the Droidbox software and use the Holo launcher and only install the apps you really need.
Marmite.