Jusuk777

Jan 8, 2016
Hi, Apologies this is already here in the forums, but I'm unable to find it.

I'm recently download the DroidBox Play Market.apk file and transferred onto my USB stick which is plugged into my DroidBox, however I'm have no idea were I go from here to Install it. I can see it under the File Manager, but what do I do next??

Any help is always greatly appreciated.

sean99

Aug 7, 2014
Open your usb in file manager and click on DPM and should get the option to install.

Qaisir

Nov 10, 2015
If you can see it inside File manager then select the file, press OK button and then install.
Make sure that you have Tick checked the Unknown Sources option under settings>Security.

Last edited:

Jusuk777

Jan 8, 2016
Sorry, I'm a novice at this, Ive managed to copy but don't were I go go to then to paste, and right clicking but know ere I right click, or anything like that

Qaisir

Nov 10, 2015
No need to copy/paste, simply click on the file and then install.
If you you have copied it then yes paste it on internal memory then click on file and install.

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
You don't need to copy anything. You open the file from wherever it is.
As an example...
Open the ES File Explorer application
Expand the LOCAL menu on the left by clicking on it if needed

Select the DOWNLOADS link if you've downloaded something directly to the DroidBOX
Select the link towards the bottom of the LOCAL menu that refers to your external device (memory card or USB device) if the file is stored there. Click on the folders required to locate the downloaded file

Click on the file you've just downloaded. Don't long click, double click, just a click.
Depending on the firmware and model, the exact menu differs, but Install should be an option if the file has an APK extension.
Follow the on screen instructions to complete the installation.

Let us know exactly where it differs if you encounter issues.