chunky

Aug 8, 2018
Hi there

I've just ordered a droidbox T8-SE on amazon, so I'haven't received the device yet. The only reason I've buy this box and not a chinese crappy one is because libreelec is installed and supported. I don't fu***ng care about android at all. I would like to know if it's possible to :
- keep only libreelec as main OS

- install linux on it (armbian for example) as amlogic processor is supported by linux and some other sbc support it natively like the odroid-c2 > If so, can you point me to a procedure or tutorial ?

- can we download libreelec from official site and install / boot it directly ? what changes are applied to original libreelec distro ? is there spyware / phone home embeded ?

I really hope it's clean and open. If not, I'll send it back to amazon and get a nuc.

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
Technically, if you could find a compatible ROM then you could load a librelec only os. But there is a risk of bricking the machine.
But the real question is why?
If you boot into librelec then you are not invoking/using android at all.
You could download librelec direct from their distro but the point of taking a droidbox distributed version is that it has been tested for the platform by droidbox and interested members of the user community via beta versions.

PS "Odroid" is not the same company as Droidbox. Same principles apply though.