Frenchster

Nov 16, 2015
I have a skystream4x Andriod box and all of a sudden it starting showing an error message of Unfortunately IP Remote Control has stopped. It doesn't allow me to do anything. how do I fix this issue, has anyone encountered something similar? let me know I am too long without my box. :eek:(

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
Have you changed the batteries on the remote?
Have you spoken with the company who supplied the box to you?
You could try setting up a remote control app for kodi on your phone.
Other people with similar problems on the internet have found that doing a few restarts eventually allows the remote and box to reset ip and port addresses.

Last edited:

nivinpauly

Dec 29, 2015
www.besanttechnologies.com
Hi,
i also can not access to xbmc from exernal. I have the same config like the upper post. For external access i use dyndns but it doesn't work.
The internal Access works fine with the xbmc remote app. Any ideas?
The fix ip address from xbmc on the raspberry pi is 192.168.2.251. I think that can not be the issue because of the dhcp range
question.png
Java training in chennai

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
Whichever device the "Unfortunately IP Remote Control has stopped. " message appears on, head to Settings, then Apps (assuming you're at the default monochrome Android settings area). Now find the IP Remote Control app (you may need to scroll to the last list on the right first) and click it. Force Stop and confirm, then clear data. Reboot for good measure and cross your fingers... worth a shot.