1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ip vanish added

Discussion in 'VPN, Proxy and Related Apps' started by ian maddox, May 11, 2017.

1. ian maddox

ian maddox Active Member

I've signed up to ip vanish and put it on my t8s . Logged in etc . Is that all I need to do I switch to libre elec and stream from there on kodi . My question is I suppose is all the traffic to my box go through ip vanish now . Thanks in advance.

2. angela

angela Well-Known Member

3. ian maddox

ian maddox Active Member

If tried to add this keeps coming up scripto error will try again this evening

4. ChrisM

ChrisM Administrator Staff Member

Just a quick thought, have you set up your network connection in LibreELEC already?
    From Kodi's homscreen, head to Program add-ons>LibreELEC Configuration>Connections tab then make sure your WiFi network has had the password entered, or if you're using an ethernet cable instead, that it shows OK in there.

ian maddox likes this.
  5. ian maddox

ian maddox Active Member

Right added open manager added ip vanish details now password etc . Just connected to vpn in Las Vegas boooom happy days cheers chaps

6. ian maddox

ian maddox Active Member

Problems now . All set up ip vanish got linked with various servers but now my streams don't play and lag a lot. What do you suggest anyone.cheers

7. ian maddox

ian maddox Active Member

Using a wired set up . Which password do you mean . I'm bit confused as what to do next.

8. ian maddox

ian maddox Active Member

On choosing a server should I go for one in same country for normal kodi stuff I'm not fussed about Geo blocked contents.

9. angela

angela Well-Known Member

Hi, Yes it is usually best to choose a server closest to your location. I am in Newcastle and on PIA vpn and the closest server for me is London and that's what I use.

Last edited: May 11, 2017
    ian maddox likes this.
  10. ian maddox

ian maddox Active Member

OK great bit new to this VPN stuff so apologise for all the questions .

11. angela

angela Well-Known Member

No problem, In LibreELEC if you have Ares Wizard installed open ares scroll along to more and you can do a speed test to see what speed you are getting and what server your using.

ian maddox likes this.
  12. ian maddox

ian maddox Active Member

OK brill . Do I need to configure anything else except the open vpn manager . As that's all done . But when I go into LibreELEC Configuration it's still showing my normal ip address .

13. angela

angela Well-Known Member

Hi, If you have chose your server and its connected in vpn manager you should be done, do a speed test that will show you what IP address you are using.

14. ian maddox

ian maddox Active Member

Just did speed test said was testing ip vanish server so all good . 17mb download speed . Was 29 before using vpn is this OK. How can it be increased although 1080p is the max I stream .

15. angela

angela Well-Known Member

Hi, I would try there website to see if there is any tips to increase speed.

16. ian maddox

ian maddox Active Member

OK thanks for everyone's help.

angela likes this.
  17. ian maddox

ian maddox Active Member

Found better server with 22 mb speed better .

18. ChrisM

ChrisM Administrator Staff Member