mozza12

Aug 26, 2017
hello all im new here and what a great forum this is!!

I am having a problem with my fires tick. I have created myself an account with Ipvanish and have installed it on my fire stick etc. I have opened the app and connected to a server which all looks great and it gave me a ip for a diffrent location etc. I then went onto chrome on my fire stick and went to whatismyip.com but it is showing my original ip not the ip that IPVanish has given?

any help would be great!

thanks

mozza12

Aug 26, 2017
ok so i just relised ipvanish dont work with the fire stick gen 1 which i have lol. i have now got bulletvpn and it is doing the same? any ideas

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
"The architecture of the original fire stick (gen 1) does not support VPN tunneling. But you can still connect to a VPN by connecting to a wireless VPN router."
https://www.vpnuniversity.com/tutorial/how-to-install-a-vpn-on-firetv-or-fire-stick

So if your modem/router can handle VPN connections you could go that route, or you could hope the website linked to didn't try all apps/VPN protocols. You could try to sideload an OpenVPN client and configure it with your VPN supplier's details, as their native app didn't work.