Bollocks77

Aug 24, 2016
Hi again everyone.
Having now been a user ov the T8 Mini for a few weeks - I am totally converted to Droidbox.
However - Im seeing posts about updates and things relating to T8S - is my T8 Mini up to date at the moment? I am pretty sure its running Jarvis 16.1. (I only use the openelec side)
Can someone please advise me?

Also - will there be a planned Big update for the T8 Mini?

Regards
Dave

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
The last t8 mini update was august.
I doubt you have jarvis (16.1) on openelec.
Current release is for the t8s plus not t8s.

Bollocks77

Aug 24, 2016
Hi Nigelar - I will take a look tonight - Im almost certain the logo on startup shows the new openelec logo and Jarvis 16.1. Ill get back later - thanks for the reply
Dave

Bollocks77

Aug 24, 2016
2016-10-18 18.07.18.jpg
IMG_0196.jpg
IMG_0197.jpg
Hi again Nigelar - I am running Jarvis 16.1 or it loads with the startup screen stating this. Ive taken a couple of pics of my system for you or anyone else to look at who can advise me better.

shah nissar

Android Tv Expert
Mar 30, 2015
Hello @Bollocks77
At the moment T8-Mini is up to date and the latest update has been released only for T8-S PLUS, if there will be any future update for T8-Mini then DBX will inform all its customers.

Bollocks77

Aug 24, 2016
OK Thanks for that everyone. Looks like I have a decent version running then. It does run really quick and smooth. Im happy.
Thanks everyone.

Reactions: Nigelar

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
Looks like the test version of openelec got loaded on your machine by mistake. Dave and myself did some testing of this a few months ago and generally found it stable but maybe droidboxes own testing found something critical and did not sanction a general release. I would keep an eye on it and report back to droidbox if you see any critical errors making it clear you have a db installed openelec with 16.1. (am assuming you have not flashed an off the shelf rom here).

Bollocks77

Aug 24, 2016
Hi Nigelar - Thanks for your reply. Should I be worried? or contact Droidbox? i got it from a registered re-seller in London. Up to now no problems, but I dont want to have it for a while and then find it go wrong on me.
I have not flashed it.
Dave

Mister Maker

Sep 19, 2016
I also have the Jarvis version of Openelec on my T8 mini. I only use the Openelec side also and it has been flawless since i purchased it at the beginning of September. I see there is some development of Libreelec on the T8s and was wondering if there is a general plan for Droidbox to switch to it. For me i really want to use the XMLTV webgrabplus addon that is currently only for Libreelec. I am doing so many workarounds and grabbing manually from my PC and then outputting to a shared directory on my network. It would be great for the box to do it all internally! Anyway, really love the box and will evangelise henceforth!