pozzydrive

Sep 15, 2015
Hi All

I have an MX2 droid player running Kodi I get no sound at all on any movies, TV programs or Utube. I use an HDMI connection direct from the DP to my TV. Before I upgraded to Kodi I never had any problem, but now I cannot find a fix or workaround anywhere on the internet and it's as if it's taboo or something, either no one replies trying to help with the issue or if they do they say it cannot be fixed.
There are Utube videos that tell you to go to System - System - Audio Output - Audio Output Device then change the settings there which is exactly where I need to be, but that particular setting is greyed out, inaccessible. I would appreciate if someone could help me out here, there has to be someone out there thats had this problem before and knows how to fix it. FYI I have a Panasonic Viera TV and believe it does not have codecs, I only know this from another post I read. Thank you in advance.

27mark

Aug 10, 2015
not had this problem but ive read disabling hardware acceleration in kodi can fix this

pozzydrive

Sep 15, 2015
Guys

Thank you, unfortunately I've already tried both of those suggestions and had no luck, I've now given up and given the droidplayer to someone I know who will reset the box and put the necessary software back on it, he thinks I might have downloaded the wrong firmware and caused a clash somehow in the system. Once again thank you for trying to help me it is appreciated.

Regards

Pozzy

pozzydrive

Sep 15, 2015
David & 27 Mark

Ok, the guy I said, who would look at the box did all of what I said he would do to no avail, he then connected the box up to an external sound system and it worked very well, however when reconnected back to HDMI it did not work. Nows here the thing, when I got home I only connected it up via HDMI and it worked perfectly well, great sound, however when I came out of Kodi and turned the box back off and on again the sound was gone. Totally baffled, sometimes it works then it doesn't, it just doesn't make sense at all. It has to be some sort of clash maybe's between the Kodi software and the Droidplayer software or firmware whatever its called.

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
I noticed you have said you have a Droidplayer box. Have you contacted that company for help? Maybe one of their other users have had this problem and they have a solution. Eg. A firmware update. Here's their support site

http://www.droidplayer.co.uk/support/