Camerona

Feb 17, 2016
I went into Ishare app to download a wallpaper but it has done something to my box - I have the main home page that has online video, settings, my apps, music and local but when I click on kodi nothing is there just a neon empty box ( neon was the wallpaper or skin) my apps like genesis, hub, prime wire etc are gone - I need to know how to get out of this neon skin from Ishare - any ideas

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
First of all, can you tell us a little more about "Ishare"?
I looked in Google play and there are several apps with that name that do different things.
I can't work out how downloading an android wallpaper would affect your ability to open Kodi.

When you say you click on Kodi "nothing is there" is it totally blank or do you see a menu bar with "photos, videos, programs, settings etc on it? Can you post a picture of the screen here.

Reply here and we'll proceed.

Camerona

Feb 17, 2016
Im sorry I tried posting a pic but its too large the file - i get the opening screen that has boxes I can click on online video , settings , my apps , music and local and a small box on the bottom that says kodi when I click on kodi a black screen comes on with a blue neon light all around the box and that's it no writing anywhere no boxes to click on and no matter what buttons I press on the control nothing happens so I go back to the home page but there is nothing in setting that I can see to change - I went into I stream and added a skin called neon and I think I read somewhere that in order to go back to android box u need to change the skin back to kodi default but I can't see where I could do that other than settings and there's nothing in settings - I tried looking for programs but cannot find it - I tried rebooting the box but it would not reboot and I don't want to do the factory reset cause I think I will loose the software - my box is a mk6

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
Ok. Im still baffled by ishare and what is has done to your kodi app. Can you provide an explanation or link to this app?

In the meantime try this to start.
Go into more settings - other settings - apps - click on kodi and press clear cache.
Try going into kodi again and report back.

Btw I dont recognise the mk6 box do you mean imx6?

Camerona

Feb 17, 2016
I cleared the cache but no change in the box, was wondering if I uninstall kodi and re download it would that work

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
That would be my next step. Stop the app and clear data (in app settings) then uninstsll and reinstall (from google play). You will lose all your addons though so will need to set up again.

Reactions: thereaper123

thereaper123

Feb 14, 2015
Think your getting mixed up here and mean the istream app? But I would follow @Nigelar advice and start over with 'fresh' vanilla kodi install, 15.2 being latest stable. Do what he says and clear cache+data then uninstall, search through browser for kodi download and you want the 15.2 stable android arm version then proceed to install whatever wizard or install your own addons etc choice is endless ;)

Camerona

Feb 17, 2016
Thanks for the info! I have uninstalled kodi and reinstalled it which is great the black box is gone and I have kodi back but I have a new problem - I don't have the app installer - and I'd like to get back my navi and genesis - any ideas how to do it - do I need to install something from google play first

Reactions: Nigelar

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
You need to set fusion up as a source and then down load the addon installer zip file. Note this installer only has addons from the tvaddons developers. If you go to the tvaddons.ag web pagevyou will find guides also seo-michael has guides for individual addons.

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
If this happens again, open the ES File Explorer app and navigate to the Kodi userdata ( Start from the Home link within the LOCAL menu on the left, then Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/userdata/ ) folder and delete/rename GUISettings.xml. If you've not used it before, expand the TOOLS menu in ES File Explorer once opened and then turn on the Show Hidden Files option.
Deleting that XML file should reset your choice of skins to Confluence, without having to clear all of Kodi's data.