Gezza

Nov 19, 2015
Got a strange one.

I use the Openelec system on my TS-8

When I try too playback a downloaded file from my installed internal drive or external drive, more often than not the box signal is lost by my television. The box blue light still shows it is on but no signal is being received from the box. Usually pressing the stop button on the remote brings back the signal (but not always) and the file manager screen appears again.

I have changed hdmi cables, switched ports everything that I can think off. Any ideas?

Cheers

8bitDev

Jul 2, 2015
Got a strange one.

I use the Openelec system on my TS-8

When I try too playback a downloaded file from my installed internal drive or external drive, more often than not the box signal is lost by my television. The box blue light still shows it is on but no signal is being received from the box. Usually pressing the stop button on the remote brings back the signal (but not always) and the file manager screen appears again.

I have changed hdmi cables, switched ports everything that I can think off. Any ideas?

Cheers
Hi

Can you please change resolution on your TV to 720p and see if the problem occurs again?

Regards

Gezza

Nov 19, 2015
Thanks for the reply, it seems to work so far, so fingers crossed. Any ideas why it should happen now? What I forgot to mention was a have had the box for 18 months and it's only started doing this over the last couple of weeks.

8bitDev

Jul 2, 2015
Thanks for the reply, it seems to work so far, so fingers crossed. Any ideas why it should happen now? What I forgot to mention was a have had the box for 18 months and it's only started doing this over the last couple of weeks.
Since a lot of time passed it may depend on various reasons.

I could write the possible list if you are willing to test,but that may backfire the fix and may cause the malfunction on your TV or your box.

Regards