triumph5ta

Aug 17, 2014
Hi all
I recently upgraded to a T8 SE and am very happy with it.
My old T8 is now in the spare room and is working ok apart from the Magic Dragon addon stopped working. The box has Kodi 16.1 installed and this addon was working great in the other room. The box is connected with a cable and says its connected ok (and Yoda. Medusa etc are working) but when I try and install the Maverick TV Repo is says 'unable to access the directory'. I tried installing the Mavrepo Zip which was still on the box, and then installing from the repository but the Magic Dragon addon is not on the video addon list! Whats going on?
Cheers

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
There was a new version on march 31st.
Make sure you follow the installation instructions here exactly.
If the maverick repo is down, which is possible, alternatives are given

hxxps://koditips.com/the-magic-dragon-kodi-addon-movies-tv-sports/

Replace the xx with tt

triumph5ta

Aug 17, 2014
Thanks Nigelar
I have tried both Maverick and Supremacy installs and no good. I get the 'Addon enabled' notification but when I go to Install from Repo and Addons, the Magic Dragon is not on the list of available addons, very odd! Is there something else I can try or is the latest Magic Dragon not compatible with Kodi 16.1?
Thanks

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
I think that may be the problem. I seem to recollect supremacy did not play well with 16. I think i suggested in an earlier post that you could try a kodi 16 fork like mygica which mimics kodi 17 behaviour and i found it worked with supremacy ok and loadscok on android 4.4.2

triumph5ta

Aug 17, 2014
Aah OK thanks Nigelar. Can you point me in the direction of how to install the mygica ?
Cheers

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
There should be a version in the Droidbox market if thats installed on your box.
Failing that you can get a version from here

hxxps://cord-cutter-downloads.com/app_charts.php

(Change xx to tt)

Scroll down to the Kodi forks for Android 4.x section.

It will download do your downloads folder from where you can install it.