Mitch

Nov 30, 2014
Hi,
I purchased a Droidbox X7 Ulitmate about a month ago and have been quite pleased with it. I just have an issue with it not providing a picture via my projector.
I have the droidbox set up so the hdmi output goes into my av receiver. The output from my av receiver then goes into a hdmi splitter which sends the signal to 3 tvs (in different rooms) and then a projector. The picture and the sound all work for the 3 tvs but when I have my projector on the sound works but I get a blank screen on my projector saying 'no source found'.
Other inputs into my projector work so I don't think there is any fault with the projector or wires.
Has anyone else had issues using a projector and droidbox? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Cheers.

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
With the X7 up and running, and using the TV output to check what is on screen, head to Android's Settings. If you see a colourful interface, click the last tab, then the More/Advanced settings button.
Now look for Display or Screen related entries. Under one of these you can turn auto-select HDMI mode (or a similar term) off and on. Turn it off, then change the resolution to 1080p@50Hz,1080p@60Hz,720p@50,720p@60. You could also try any 1080i modes offered assuming 720 works.
If you find one or more mode(s) that work, then try connecting the X7 directly to the projector temporarily and seeing if other modes suddenly start working.

Mitch

Nov 30, 2014
Thanks, changed Setting / Display / HDMI Mode to 1280 x 720p -60 and now it is working on all my devices. Cheers!

Reactions: ChrisM