Reddo

Dec 4, 2015
Hi all !!! I recently bought a PF stream player M3 android tv box online, it worked fine for 3 weeks. Last night I was watching a movie and it froze up, tried to stop the movie and couldn't, then I pressed the home button on the remote and went back to the app screen. I clicked on my Kodi app and I got a black screen and that's all that I've been getting ever since, I went to the settings and cleared the cache and forced stop but I'm still getting a black screen. Is there anything that I can do to get Kodi to start working again?

angela

Mar 3, 2015
Hi, Try going to your settings, and check your storage, if its nearly full you may have to delete a app or two.
If you have run a wizard, you could try clearing data in the kodi app and re run the wizard.

Reactions: Reddo and Nigelar

Reddo

Dec 4, 2015
Thank you Angela!! That helped. I have some more questions for u!! Will the box work better with Ethernet or wifi? I love football (soccer) is there any add-ons that I can use to watch live football in HD all other add-ons I've used the picture quality is poor. There is an icon on my main screen that says clean memory 50.72% how should it be used? Thanks for all your advice in advance!!!

Reactions: angela

angela

Mar 3, 2015
Hi, I use Ethernet over wifi (try a speed test) there may not be a lot in it, but i find a wired connection is more stable.
Football, phoenix tv/ operation robocop(todays live events) / uk turks(sport) /njm soccer / sports devil /you may not always get HD but you usually get a decent stream.

Reactions: David Savage

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
Somewhere over the rainbow
The icon in the bottom left corner with the % is to shut down apps and save memory. Use this when you want, also if you hold the menu button on your remote for a few seconds you can get 4 pictures up which are new backgrounds for the main menu. If you hold it for longer you get a rocket that clears cache aswell.

Enjoy

Reactions: angela

bigshoogs

Mar 28, 2015
My kodi won't load at all.it froze last night and after I turned it off and back on again it doesn't go any further than this screen.can anyone help please?
51d6d2b90198f875ef56e120bf4fed4a.jpg

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
What happens does it start and then goes back to main menu. If it is go to setting, other, more setting and storage and check how much you have. If it's low delete some apps and clear cache see if this helps. You need around 600MB free for it to start running again.
Hope this helps you.

bigshoogs

Mar 28, 2015
Yeh that's exactly what's happening. I've cleared the cache but I'm not sure what apps are safe to delete. I have kodi 15 and also dbmc 15, will it be OK to delete one of those? Thanks so much for your help

Reactions: David Savage

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
Yes just make sure it's the one you are not using. I bet in storage the misc files was high....for now just delete down loads or apps you can aways get back. The best thing to do is to clear data in one of your kodi's and see if this helps you.
Good luck

bigshoogs

Mar 28, 2015
I wasn't sure if clearing the data would wipe the kodi off the box completely. Would putting an sd card in make any difference?
I also couldn't seem to access the miscellaneous files to delete them.
How do I know which one it is I'm using?sorry,I really am a novice.....
Thanks again

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
If you go setting, other, more setting and apps then one of the kodi's you have and go in and clear data it only deletes it back to when you 1st installed it.
The data you delete is of the wizard and all updates and apps, kodi will still be there.
What box do have.....

bigshoogs

Mar 28, 2015
I've cleared the data in kodi 15.it's made a huge difference in space available.I'm having to reinstall wookie but that's no hardship.
Can you suggest any better wizards or is wookie decent?

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
No worries, this can happen most android boxes don't have much storage so if it starts playing up you need to really reset and install things again.
But for now delete data and any un-used apps and any downloads loads to free up space on your box.