patrico

Aug 8, 2014
I am having a bit of an issue as I tried to use ITV player to watch some programs on ITVBe but the Player would not let me watch them. I decided to uninstall then redownload the ITV player but cannot aquire it via the play store. I thought it would be backed up but I am unable to locate it. I tried accessing it via the browser but it will not let me do it. I just get a message saying unable to load page. Any ideas?
I am also having a bit of a problem with the remote that came with the MX7. When I press some buttons i.e. the go back icon the red light keeps flashing for about ten goes then the arrow icon on screen freezes until I press another button. I was wondering if a reset would fix this but I cannot remember how to do it and I have lost the instructions. Anyone? Thanks in advance. Pat

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
1) See my reply to your PM
(for anyone who arrives here from a Google, and needs a possible answer...

There are two options I can think of right now, either use a browser that supports flash, switch the browser to desktop top mode and visit the ITV Player website to watch video streams,
or
install an extension for Chrome (if you don't have Chrome installed on your PC, you'll need to do that first please). Once ready, install https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/apk-downloader/obhlfmheblhjhkmacldlhdnbgbaiigba . You'll need to find your DroidBOX's unique ID, I personally usehttps://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.evozi.deviceid&hl=en to check. You may find you need to use the GSF ID key it gives you, instead of the Android ID (or vice versa). Once installed and configured, when you visit ITV Player's app page at the Play Store you'll see a new button - Download APK. Click this, and once the download finishes transfer the new APK file in your downloads folder to your DroidBOX device. Which is probably an iMX6 or X7 btw. Open the file on your device, select install and if asked to do so, allow apps from unknown sources to be installed. From then on ITV Player should autoupdate from the Play Store and hopefully work as well.

)

2) Another thought about the remote, can you check which one you have there - see https://droidbox.co.uk/accessories.html - if it looks like none of those three, it may be an original infrared remote control. If it is a remote that can learn commands from other remotes, it is possible you've reassigned a key.

patrico

Aug 8, 2014
Thanks for your (as usual) prompt reply. The remote I have is the Droidbob VIP Remote.
Just going to check out your itv player advice now thank you.
Pat

patrico

Aug 8, 2014
Hi the remote control problem has been fixed (Just needed new batteries). I found your ITV player fix a bit complicated for me. Isn`t there a backup saved somewhere on the Droidbox?

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
Thanks Tony. It wasn't a geo-lock, but ITV Player reading what type of device we've set the DroidBOX to masquerade as (build.prop I'm assuming), and deciding it isn't compatible with their app.
@patrico - Sorry for the delay with this reply. The version of ITV Player on your device asks for an update to be made, which is why re-installing the original version probably wouldn't have helped.

patrico

Aug 8, 2014
Thanks for all your help guys. I downlaoded a different version That I found after a search on the web. Working fine now.

Reactions: ChrisM