ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com

This week DroidBOX® are very happy to announce a new OTA (Over The Air) firmware updated for their T8 Mini device.
This update brings both DBMC 16.6.0 and AirPlay updates.

Please check the post linked to here: https://goo.gl/RBGjAA to read more information about the changes that this update will bring, and how to obtain the newer firmware.

lordtoran

Aug 26, 2016
Bochum, NRW, Germany
Upgraded nicely for me without the need for a factory reset. Hoping for native OTG support for Linux filesystems in a future update :)

edit: With this update I have an issue with my USB harddisk not going into powersaving mode anymore (it keeps spinning forever), unless I physically disconnect the T8 Mini from power.

Last edited:

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
If you already applied the android 6 update (I think you did) then you will not be able to download this version.
If you need to revert to a previous version of android, contact Droidbox direct.

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
Universal rules of updating any machine, any where, any time. Version number of mistaken android 6 release will be later than the new official t8 mini release.
If you revert to the previous baseline (prior to the mistake) then you will probably be able to move forward to this download.
Droidbox are aware of the issue with android 6 and should be able to help you revert.

Poison85

Dec 17, 2016
So which version of android is New update? I dont know if i want revert to the previous firmware if this working fine. Ta.

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
You posted on Sunday that you had download v1.1.0 which was the mistaken release of an Android 6 test version which amongst other things had android 6, dbmc 16.6 and Kodi (beta) 17.

The version currently advertised just contains dbmc 16.6 (and an AirPlay update), retaining android 5.1.1

If what you have is working, leave as is. If not, you will need to contact db to revert.

Hope that clarifies things.

fiveznuff

Jul 11, 2016
Today I called Chris from DroidBOX regarding my list of issues of mistaken leak of pushed update that updates to andriod 6.0.1 and dbmc 16.6 they are aware of the situation.. They are very minor issues.. But if it's messing up on your end call him they will be most happy to quickaupport your box and revert back.. Me personally I'm leaving it alone marshmallow runs fast.

Sent from my SM-N920V using DroidBOX Forums mobile app