davidTD

Jul 15, 2016
hello guys

So I have tried to update my box to Jarvis 16.1. It says it worked and it does look like it works, but when I then add on say exodus or a wookie build it does not seem to want to play anything. it looks like it is playing, as when I pause it, it pauses. but when I un pause it I cant see or hear anything.

Any idea's? I have tried a couple of times. Wiped the box, removed 12.1 xbmx before installing 16.1. all seems ok then add exodus and it looks like it is playing but cant see or hear etc.

thanks in advance guys for your support.
d

sean99

Aug 7, 2014
What box do you have? 12.1 frodo xbmc is a very old version

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
The Droidbox m6 is quite an old box I think.
Not sure whether it is compatible with Jarvis.
There was a firmware update advertised here a month ago.

https://droidboxforums.com/threads/droidbox-firmware-for-m6-models.6342/

I notice that included a Gotham (13) version of xbmc. Notable that it did not include a later version although support may be able to advise better on any issues. At any rate, it may be an idea to load the newer firmware if you want and take things forward from that.

Reactions: angela

davidTD

Jul 15, 2016
yes I have the m6, got it in 2014. So if Jarvis is not suitable then that would explain the problem.
So follow this firmware link above is the best way forward?
Thanks
D

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
It is probably a good idea to try the firmware update if you want.
I would then load a slightly older version of Kodi - say isengaard 15.2 and see what happens. I would also load some popular Addons manually rather than via a build (use the Seo Michael web site as a guide, or maybe load ares wizard and use the addon installer in that).
If that all works then maybe update to 16.1 via say, Google play store.
Report back as you go through each stage.

davidTD

Jul 15, 2016
ok, tried the 16.3 and got a blank screen, tried 15.2 just goes in a loop then finally gotham got me working. Loaded schism for a build and all ok. now back to movies playing on exodus with sound but with no pictures. any ideas?
I did not flash the box as I thought by doing this I would lose the ability to re-set the box to factory settings

thanks in advance guys

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
Somewhere over the rainbow
You could try speading hours looking and then loading different builds of kodi..or just update your box with a T8 mini. Plus sides are....
1, upto date box running lollipop.

2, ready for kodi 17,(unless marshmallow recommended).

3, duel boot with Openelec.

4, very fast and loads of apps on droidboxs market.

5, great price and looks great too.

6, support, and forum community by real users.