L33_RYM

Oct 27, 2014
I have an M8 box. Last night I tried to watch a couple of films (Lucy & Gone Girl) but they were too jerky & it really spoiled the viewing experience.

I gave up & went to bed. In the bedroom I have a jailbroken Amazon Fire TV Stick, I watched the same films & they played perfectly. I can only assume the issue lies with the M8 box. Does anyone have any suggestions as to how I can go about improving things? Do I need to do a factory reset & run the Wizard? It will be a shame if I do as I have all of the VDubt25 stuff setup for the sports streaming but if I can't watch films on it then I don't see that I have any choice as it renders the box pretty useless in it's current state.

cozy

Dec 21, 2014
hi
i wonder if you have live tv enabled ?

i ask as i also had jerky/blocky play back and also the film would cut off after about 30 mins,
i turned off live tv in xbmc settings and now all is fine,
worth a try before doing a complete reset, and of course you can turn on live tv when needed,
this totally solved any problems i was having, hopefully someone will fix this problem in the future,
hope it helps and let me know how you get on

regards
cozy

Reactions: ChrisM and Eugene

L33_RYM

Oct 27, 2014
hi
i wonder if you have live tv enabled ?

i ask as i also had jerky/blocky play back and also the film would cut off after about 30 mins,
i turned off live tv in xbmc settings and now all is fine,
worth a try before doing a complete reset, and of course you can turn on live tv when needed,
this totally solved any problems i was having, hopefully someone will fix this problem in the future,
hope it helps and let me know how you get on

regards
cozy
Thanks Cozy. Tried that & the kids just watched Gremlins .... Jerk free. Thanks for the heads up pal.

Reactions: ChrisM