Jimmy1211

May 23, 2016
hi all I'm new , I have two boxes from juggling frogs there has not been an update for a while and the forum has disappeared can anyone enlighten me on what the best thing to do is . I.e how to wipe and the best firm wire to replace it with thank you .... Also show box has not been working for 2-3 weeks now is this my box or everyone's thank you

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
Hi Jimmy. I think you need to talk to "juggling frogs" whoever they are, about updates including firmware updates. As this is the droidbox forum, most of the people here have droidbox machines which have regular over the air updates.
Regarding showbox, everyone has been having problems, although since the release of version 4.65 in the last few days, things have been getting better though still not perfect.

Jimmy1211

May 23, 2016
That's the problem I think juggling frogs have disappeared and I was wondering if anyone on here could help me wipe my box and put droid box on mine instead I originally bought the box from eBay and they claimed to have had the best support

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
I think that is a step to far, with a big risk of bricking your box. Who knows if your box has the same processor and gubbins (technical term) as a droidbox. There are many different droidboxes, all with different specs and processors.
If your box works ok, my advice is probably to leave well alone. Why do you want to update anyway?
You can update Kodi without the need of a firmware update (e.g. You can get it from Google play store).
As a matter of interest, what is the "model" of your box?
There are sites of the web that provide firmware updates, so you might find a match but it can be complex and certainly risky in terms of bricking your box.

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
Try googling some of those terms to see if there is a newer firmware for your box. I know the entertainment box company released a new firmware for their m5's recently. But whether it is compatible with your box is another thing. You would need to check and ensure that there is a complete match between your and their spec.
As said in my original post, if everything is working, why do you need to update the firmware?

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
I think you will be pretty safe updating kodi if you need to. At any rate you can always revert to a previous version.

Reactions: ChrisM