Geoffrey codling

May 1, 2016
Hi , all
Bought a TS8 plus recently having a problem jump out of kodi back to main menu tried resetting
Box to factory setting but problem still happens . Bought this this box as a upgrade from a mx3
But have had continued problems with the driodbox so paying more for something is not always
The best option

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
Somewhere over the rainbow
Sorry to here...if it was just kodi I would have gone to setting and apps, then force stop and clear cache first. See if this helps.

Had you ran the wizard, or has this fault been there from the start. If it continues get in touch with the support team.
Sometimes small issues can occur, this where droidbox support can help and of course the forum.

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
I think the key thing is how often does this happen? Everytime? 50% of the time? Less? I say this because even on my t8 box this happens from time to time.
Follow David's advice about keeping an eye on memory (e.g. by clearing cache frequently).

Geoffrey codling

May 1, 2016
Hi
Thanks for replys
Tried clearing the cache ,cleared data , re load different builds from pulse, top tutorial,wookie , beast, all seem to do same thing ether go,s back to main dbmc main
Screen or freezes that from a clean fresh starts. Which never happened on the cheaper mx3 . Disappointed now keep the driodbox as the spare

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
Dont give up yet. Can you try with "official" kodi from google play store. Let us know if that is more stable.

Reactions: ChrisM

sean99

Aug 7, 2014
I also have problems with builds losing skins and defaulting to original confluence using dbmc 16.1-2, so I dont use it. Kodi 16.1 is far more stable, just like to ask what does the (-2) indicate? I know db are tring to push boundaries with new innovations but is dbmc downgradable? Cheers all

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
@sean99 DBMC 16.2.1 is based on SPMC 16.2.1 . We seem to have referred to it as DBMC 16.2-1 in some locations. Just ways to denote precise version information. See http://spmc.semperpax.com/ for the versions produced so far. Kodi is up to 16.1 right now, hence DBMC having a higher number than Kodi. DBMC 16.1-2 is a previous release I believe, if you would like to try 16.2.1 then it can be grabbed from https://droidbox.co.uk/how-to/kodi-spmc-and-dbmc-downloads/

sean99

Aug 7, 2014
Thanks for that ss didn't know there was an update out for dbmc, have changed to that with no problems now. Have my 4 working versions of Kodi back now:)

Greenback

Jan 2, 2015
Finding that when watching Live Streams Kodi 16.1,it is kicking me out of Kodi after watching stream for say 50 minutes
is there a way of stopping this from happening,it seems to happening on Music addons as well,heard that updating the librtmp
will solve the problem,i am hardwired,got a 90mb internet speed,and using a Droidbox TS 8 Plus.

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
I think getting kicked out of live streams is a bit of a fact of life of kodi. As long as you can get back into the stream hopefully it is not too much of a problem.

Regarding librtmp, it is an integral part of an android kodi build. Although you can download a later version of librtmp you will find that it will be overwritten by the installed kodi version next time you boot up. Usually downloading the latest stable kodi (e.g. 16.1) is normally good enough. You can get unofficial versions of kodi which have the latest version of librtmp compiled in them if really necessary. Search librtmp in the official kodi wiki.

Greenback

Jan 2, 2015
Hope i'm on the right thread for asking this,but how do i go about updating DBMC 16.2.1 to 16.1,i ask
this because i get the message sometimes saying that i have not got the updated 16.1 version.

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
Assuming you've got your versions the wrong way round (dbmc 16.2.1 is later than dbmc 16.1).

Important note: make sure you are not confusing Droiboxes version of Kodi (DBMC) with official Kodi. Both are pre loaded on Droidboxes and they are two separate things. Official Kodi is still on 16.1. A DBMC update WILL NOT update official Kodi.

Download it (dbmc 16.2.1) from the droidbox link (see the how to section on main page). In android security you will need to make sure you allow downloads from unknown sources. Once downloaded it will then ask you if you want to install it (if it doesn't, go to your downloads folder and click on it). I believe it will overwrite your current version of DBMC keeping your current configuration intact.

Greenback

Jan 2, 2015
Thanks for that Nigelar,totally had no idea 16.2.1 version of DBMC is the latest version of DBMC than 16.1,just one question,when it
asked for a update from 16.2.1 Prealpha to stable 16.1,why was i asked to update to stable 16.1,when that is the earlier version?.

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
In short, ignore messages like that entirely, if the application itself is behaving itself. I've still got some old devices running on 14.something and other than some add-ons not working, they pad along happily.

BANDIT

Jun 28, 2016
Ahem..!!

Noob @here... snigger.
Guys seem to Question ... kodi / addons / wizards .. Blah.
Usual answer is Clear cache etc.. OK. Heard that 20k Times tho.
I never see Guys Discussing the Platform.. O/S.. win/mac/android etc.

Ya Gotta clean Sys.... Then >> Go @kodi.

Keep yer kodi Lightweight... Too many Repos/Addons = Poooooomfff..!!

- U-M8
- Goth v13.2
- @stanes Rom
- Q-Core
- Repos = zero
- Addons = zero
Usage.. Internal Player/Streaming (Static/Live)
Anything. Anytime.

sdCard >> android >> data >> org.xbmc.xbmc
(Properties = 30Mb)

I've tested Every version of kodi up to v17.K
Incl spmc & some Real Oddball Builds... Naaaaahhh..!!
I allus go back to Gotham... ~_^

Learn Streaming..
Self Sufficient. Any System.
Android/Win/Mac/Linux/Enigma2

Lightweight. Hassle Free. Instant.

G'luk

thereaper123

Feb 14, 2015
??? Err.... What on earth are you droning on about there?! Fail to see how any of that is of any help to the op?

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
Hello bandit
I remember you from the xbmckodiaddons forum.
Most of the questions here relate to android as that is the main os on boxes supplied by droidbox (similar to entertainment box/droidsticks as you know). Sometimes openelec on the dualboot boxes and occasionally windows on the w10 (dual boot android/windows).
For most new users (there are many on here) we recommend they use wizards to get themselves up and running. As they get more familiar we certainly do encourage users to load much smaller numbers of addons directly from the sources/repos.