banjo

Dec 4, 2014
This is a new one for me, by X7 ultimate has been perfect, but this week the image/video has got slightly jumpy - If you watch a movie, the entire screen seems to be almost vibrating vertically up and down. Its noticable and a slight distraction. Its just wobbling! :)

This is not just in movies, when going back to the main menu the image on screen stutters/jumps vertically for a few seconds then stabilises.

As this is not isolated to just movie playing, could it be the box?

I have looked at all settings in SYSTEM and also in the video settings themselves, reset defaults too and its still present. This is all in XBMC.

I have not noticed the issue outside of XBMC in the main android system.

Anyone else experienced similar?

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
That's a strange one to be sure. Not sure about it being hardware based if it only occurs in one app, perhaps try the steps below.
Need to try and cover all angles on this one.

Check TV settings - 1:1 pixel mapping if you can find the option (just in case some weird aspect ratio auto-change is flipping from one location to another)

Try changing the resolution and/or refresh rate within XBMC if possible. System>System>Video Output. Try also doing the same in Android's settings - look for a Screen/Display entry in the black Android settings screen. If yours is colourful, last tab, More/Advanced Settings button. Turn off auto-selection of HDMI mode, and change the resolution to a different one. You may then find other modes are available in XBMC.

Can you try and install SPMC from the Play Store app on your device? If you search for it and it states it is already installed, let me know and we'll try it with a pure XBMC build instead. In either case, leave it open on the homescreen for a while and see if the wobbles still occur. If not, install an add-on (YouTube is normally good for testing) and try to find a long video to watch.
If this alternate install gets rid of the problem, we can put the Wizard on there and uninstall the vibrating XBMC/SPMC install!

Reset TV to factory defaults, once you've made a note of any settings you took a while to configure.

Reactions: louie209