Bollocks77

Aug 24, 2016
Hi again,
Well Ive set up my new T8 mini and wow - so fast and slick compared to my old box running Gotham 13.2.
I know that I am going to need advice somewhere along the line but as for now everything is running as expected.
BUT!!! I am not used to turning my old box off at all - kept it running forever with no problems.
With my new box - what are people doing or suggesting - do I keep it on or turn it off after every use???
I am only using the openelec side of the box and no plans at all to use android.
Hope someone can enlighten me

Dave

sean99

Aug 7, 2014
Hi Dave I have always just left Droidboxes on standby until I go to bed then the tv and boxes are isolated from power supply. Each to their own tho I presume as would be fine left on standby. Am just 1 to never leave anything on standby for long periods (is just a me thing) lol

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
Like you Sean i switch everything off just in case it catches fire and incinerates the house. One useful side effect is it will clear down RAM.

sean99

Aug 7, 2014
Am with you on that 1 Nigelar, didn't know about it clearing the RAM out tho nice1:)

shah nissar

Android Tv Expert
Mar 30, 2015
It is always better to turn off your box and not leaving it on standby for long, if you want to leave it on standby then i would suggest to EXIT Kodi properly so that it will prevent Kodi from creating cache or temp files.

Bollocks77

Aug 24, 2016
Hi Shah - I am only booting in Openelec and not at all using the android side.
At the moment all I am doing is pressing the red off button and the light is going red on the front.
Is this then the standby light or is there a button on the box to turn off properly?
Sorry if I sound a bit thick
Dave

shah nissar

Android Tv Expert
Mar 30, 2015
Hello @Bollocks77
If you mean Power On/Off button of Box which turns Blue when you turn Box On and Red when you Turn it off then yes you are doing right by pressing the power On/Off Button which Shuts Down the Box properly.