marcstck

May 8, 2017
Hi, proud new owner of T8 mini. Is there any way to get Kodi 17 show up in the Droid Box Media Center? I tried to load my custom build (created on Kodi 17) onto the native app, but it choked. Is there a way to customize the app linked to the media center?

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
Dbmc is currently kodi 16. The default home screen us to all intents none customisable - although you could place a vanilla kodi icon in the short cut area.

You could also consider downloading a customisable launcher screen like nova launcher from the googlecplay store.

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
DBMC is a distinct application, similar to Kodi, but has it's own data directories etc. The latest DBMC is currently 16.6.0, so you would need to use a Jarvis compatible build in it.

You could add a shortcut to Kodi on the right handside (look for an "Add" or +/± icon), assuming you're running the latest firmware already, Kodi will be 17/Krypton so should be ok with the build.

[edit]
Should have refreshed before posting, Nigelar beat me to the response!

marcstck

May 8, 2017
Thanks for the prompt response. I have added the Kodi icon to the "My Favorite" section. Guess I'll have to wait for DBMC to update… Any idea when that might be?

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
Since dbmc is based on spmc (google sempermax spmc) that will need to update to 17 first.