splodge76

Sep 27, 2016
Hi, everyone am new to the forum,Is right that kodi 17 is not compatable with driodbox running on kitkat. have tried to find update but no luck.
regards splodge76

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
Somewhere over the rainbow
Up to now there isn't a stable release of kodi 17 krypton....Yes what I've read it's only compatible with android lolipop and above. This doesn't mean all boxes with kitkat will stop working as soon as it's released. Kodi 16. will still work fine and I'm sure droidboxs DBMC will too.
I've got a box with Frodo 12.3 on and it still runs, yes some add-ons aren't compatible with this version, but it's 4 years old as well. So enjoy your box and let see how it goes.

Reactions: Nigelar

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
I think the reference link is meant for other users asking similar questions rather than yourself splodge. Welcome to the forum.

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
Only joined forum today so didnt know this had been covered must say dont feel very welcome here
Sorry to here, in a forum you can get some answers that come across as being abrupt or just straight to the point. That just the way it is, but there's loads of very helpful people who give up there free time to help others like yourself. So don't take it personally.

Welcome to the droidBOX forum.

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
My response wasn't meant to be non-welcoming at all. We often post URLs to relevant content so if future browsers of this forum want to look something up, they've got a resource.

Reactions: tommpd

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
T8-S is running kitkat, the T8-S plus and T8mini are running lolipop. There was a test awhile back for lollipop on the T8-S, but there was an issue. Hopefully in the near future it might be released.....fingers crossed.

EricB

Mar 12, 2015
I have 3 boxes type T8. I hope I can expect an upgrade to make them compatible with Kodi 17. I'm running Kodi 17 on my PC and there are a lot of improvements. It's running awesome. So I hope Droidbox won't let me down. :(

Bollocks77

Aug 24, 2016
Im glad I got the T8 Mini - Lollipop coz its future proof.
Believe it or not I still have a box which runs Gotham 13.1 and although some addons will not work, its still a really nice box to use as a back up if anything happens.

Reactions: David Savage