rhino335

Mar 5, 2023
Hi

I am trying to install Kodi 20 on a new X4 box. The install goes ok until I try to open it and a message appears telling me to allow access, when I click continue there is an error message saying ‘permission denied!! Exiting’ at which point kodi closes.

I have tried looking though the app permissions in settings but can’t find anything that isn’t already turned on.

Can anyone help please?

Reactions: Damian12

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
We discussed this a few days ago. You haven't mentioned how you got to this stage (e.g. did you uninstall 18 and try a clean install of 20. Or did you upgrade to 19 then try to upgrade to 20 from that)
I did a Google of this error and saw a few reference but the solution was unclear.
At any rate now I would suggest installing 19.5 from the official Kodi site. And if you get that working, stick with that for this test. I would switch auto updates off for now because it might auto update the Kodi 20 version from play store. When you are comfortable everything is working ok (and for this test do not spend a lot of time setting things up just downloaded say 1 or 2 add-ons). then do the 20 update from play store. You can switch auto updates back on at this point.
For info I have not migrated to 20 yet as 19.x works fine for me.
UPDATE: another user on the Google play store has reported this error. All the more reason to avoid new Kodi 20 until it has stabilised and critical bugs removed by the developers

Last edited:

Damian12

Mar 9, 2023
As an avid streamer, I always prefer installing the Fresh Kodi version. Just take the backup of builds/addons...The same I have done from Krypton->Leia->Matrix-> Nexus...There was some issue while upgrading to Kodi Matrix due to the python version upgrade, rest each version worked fine.