ron.crabb

May 17, 2015
Hi there, just bought a T8 from the lovely people at Droidbox and when I go into the xmbc window I see the following message: kodi 4 droidbox has been denied supervisory permissions - then followed by a number of pop up windows telling me a few denied elements. I'm new to all of this so any help is appreciated. What am I missing out? Thanks

ron.crabb

May 17, 2015
Hi there, yes checked those and they are fine. It is coming up with cmod 666 - whatever that is?

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
Somewhere over the rainbow
Does Kodi (xbmc) open at all, or do you get this message right away.
If so try going to setting on the main boot page then more, then more setting and scroll down to apps and look for xbmc and click here. Now clear data and wait for it to get to zero, then try again.
Just to be clear you can play things on Showbox and time is correct.

Good luck

ron.crabb

May 17, 2015
Hi David, thanks for your help. Yes, I can view files in showbox and Internet is running at 36mb/s so all good there. I've cleared data... Restarted and as soon as I go into xmbc I get several pop up windows with the message (as title of posting) and everything seems to work ok I just don't know what is being denied.

Reactions: David Savage

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
Sometimes you can get pop up alerts saying dependancies not met, but not sure what cmod 666- is. Do you get all the time or just the once. If once and everything working ok don't worry, but if you get all the time id wait to see what SilentlyScreaming says about it as I don't no sorry.
Good luck and enjoy your T8...:)

ron.crabb

May 17, 2015
Thanks... Am really impressed with the T8 and what it can do. Thanks for your input. Yes, I get the messages every time I go into xbmc but only when I first go into it. To me they don't seem to be stopping me from doing anything but then being a newbie what do I know?

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
Hi, found this on Google...
Chmod change attributes from a file/folder

• chmod 666 means that all users can read and write but cannot execute.
As I understand means you cannot change the program, but can use it.
Don't no if this helps...
Also its Linux systems and stands for Change Mode.
Do you have the new T8s witch has a Linux version of Kodi on board...if not did you run the openelec wizard, if so this is the wrong one and should start again and run the modded version. Hope this helps you.

Dave

Last edited:

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
Before you re-run the wizard make sure you clear data again, wait for it to get to zero, then back in an run the modded version.
Do this if you have run the openelec wizard by mistake...enjoy

Dave

Tony

Jul 15, 2014
Open SuperSu on the global apps page.. navigate to kodi on the left hand pane and make sure its selected.. navigate to the right hand pane and click access.. select grant and make sure notifications are set to Global Default.. job done..

Reactions: ChrisM

Tony

Jul 15, 2014
I haven't seen the T8s so am not sure if they are rooted or not.. the reason Ron is getting this message is because Kodi has asked for root permission from superSU and was denied. Its an easy thing to do espc if you are not familiar with the box and super user access.. if box is not rooted then kodi doesn't go looking for it..

ron.crabb

May 17, 2015
Hi there guys, I've checked and it's a T8 I have, not a T8S. Tony, I've tried to find SuperSu on the global apps page and I can't seem to find it... Sorry! But, in saying all of this I have cleared the data and run the installation wizard again... And third time of doing it seems to be lucky because I don't know how I've done it but I haven't seen the pop up messages for a couple of reboots now (I wanted to make sure that it wasn't a fluke and so I've pulled the power lead a few times to fully reboot).

ron.crabb

May 17, 2015
Could this be something to do with AppInstaller? A window popped up asking me to give permission to AppInstaller, which I did and now I think about it I haven't seen the pop up windows since... Might be coincidence but might also be relevant?

Tony

Jul 15, 2014
Hi Ron.. the app is actullay displayed as #SU so might not be that obvious sorry about that.. the fact that you were asked to grant permission to the installer suggests that Kodi has asked for and been granted root access so it looks as if in a round about way you have done as suggested ;) glad your issue has been resolved

cheers Tony

ron.crabb

May 17, 2015
I ran the Droidbox all devices modded confluence skin addons pack and the droidbox kodi addons pack for all devices (kodi only) - guys thanks for your help. It's really appreciated