RRaoD

Jan 3, 2017
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
All these days the v1 box was working OK. But when I tried to add US English language other than the default English, it came out with an error "download failed".

So thought I would do a factory reset and start afresh. Went to the factory reset menu by pressing the reset button with a toothpick while starting. Cleared the Cache and did a factory reset. Restarted the box, logged in to Droidbox and Google IDs. In DBMC did the initial settings and then in Addons menu when I started installing from repository, it gave a message that Kodi Add-on repository "Could not connect to repository" and next error message that Remote share "Could'nt connect to network server.

I am already connected to internet and then tried on Kodi 17.0. There was no problem with Kodi 17.0. Only DBMC was not allowing me to install from repository.

I will appreciate any help in this regard.

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
I would reboot (not factory reset) and try again. It may be a timing issue. The repo is certainly not down as I can see it from within dbmc. What were you trying to install from the Kodi repo?
Are you able to download Addons from other repos e.g. Exodus from the exodus repo (hosted by fusion)

RRaoD

Jan 3, 2017
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
After rebooting few times the problem was not solved. So I did the factory reset.

As the Aeon MQ7 skin Mod requires the US English language, I was trying to install the language but failed. I did not try the Exodus from Fusion. May be I should do it.

I have uninstalled the DBMC and reinstalled it again with same result.

To cross check, I installed Kodi 16.1 Jarvis from an APK and it is working perfectly. So the problem could be in DBMC.

Any tips in cleaning the DBMC app and rebuilding it again (by uninstalling it, deleting the DBMC leftover files and folders and clean install again)?

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
You can uninstall dbmc from android - settings - apps - uninstall. Then go to the droidbox market app to install a fresh version.
There are no known issues with regular use of dbmc. I would suggest not using that unusual skin. If you must, then use regular kodi.

RRaoD

Jan 3, 2017
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
I liked that skin and have been using it for last 15 days. The skin is stable and very good. Never gave me any problem since I installed it. Only when I tried to install a Mod for that skin, the mod insisted on an US English language, which failed.
I tried Kodi 17.1 but faced some problems in video playback. But Kodi 16.1 is stable.

I will try to use Kodi Jarvis 16.1 with the Aeon MQ7 skin for sometime. But I want to have DBMC as a standby. So I need it to operate normally. For some reason the Openelec Jarvis 16.1 failed to install the repositories and I could not put it to use. I am waiting for the LibreElec Krypton 17.1 to come out of beta into public release. I have a large collection of media and I need LibreElec to put to use with its meagre memory requirements, without the overhead presented by android OS.

Last edited:

veauclin

Mar 31, 2016
similar problem to poster, i have a t8s plus. was working fine, installed a ota update still worked ok. but i then got some issues starting up so did a factory reset. on startup after the reset i had kodi version 17 installed and dbmc 16.6.0. kodi is working fine. but dbmc doesnt seem to work. i cannot connect to the kodi.net repo, get an error message "could not connect to repository". also i tried other repos just as a test. i could connect to the exodus repo, however there was no addon in the folder to install. same happened with S.A.L.T.S from tknorris release repo. so would seem cant install any video addons

thereaper123

Feb 14, 2015
Agree with @Nigelar even if you have done this process previously I would check again, it has been know for a while now ISP's are turning the blocks/smart setup/sky shield etc back on in routers without our knowledge! Yes they can do this remotely and are, devious and invasive I know but this is the lengths companys will go to stop you streaming free stuff!

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
Plus a factory reset which you say you've done will likely have reset the control. Often it has to be unset on each device rather than one time on the router.

veauclin

Mar 31, 2016
ive been to the virgin website and it would seem i hadnt even signed up to the isp controls. so i have signed up to them and turned them off. though it hasnt made a difference. could it be something in the router maybe?? and would that only effect DBMC and not Kodi. as kodi works fine

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
The second thing I would look at is the spelling of the source in file manager. A small spelling mistake e.g. "," for " ." or ";" for ":" can cause this type of failure.
Also are you using fusion as your source for the exodus and salts repositories?

Reactions: 8bitDev

veauclin

Mar 31, 2016
im using fusion for the exodus and tknorris repo for salts. im able to install the repository just theres nothing in them.

veauclin

Mar 31, 2016
i just went to that thread. deleted my addons db folder, and factory reset the box again just in case. still no luck.

sean99

Aug 7, 2014
Try and find out if vm are blocking any of the said addons by trying out a free vpn from the playstore, with the vpn connected see if that makes any difference.

veauclin

Mar 31, 2016
if vm were blocking these addons im assuming i wouldnt be able to get them on kodi kypton. but i have them on kodi and they work fine

veauclin

Mar 31, 2016
i will be able to get home friday evening around 4 15. other than that im stuck at work rest of the week.