aphrodita

Jul 28, 2015
East Midlands
linkd.in
hi guys, might be a silly question, but please be gentle with newbies. My KODI (as I suggest all other) has 1 HDMI port, same for Bluray player (Panasonic) which I want to use as the sound system.

TV has 2x HMDIs, 1x I connected to KODI, other to Bluray. Sound isn't coming. If I play a disk on blueray - sound is coming from a surround system. If I'm streaming video from KODI to the TV, surround system (even 2.0) isn't working. Tried all passthrough options, and Sony TV settings (PCM, digital etc). No sound.

I have feeling I am doing a trivial mistake. Would anybody please give me a tip how to interconnect all 3 devices?

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
Somewhere over the rainbow
Does your blu ray player have a optical input as you could send video to the TV HDMI....and the optical for sound to your player.
Has your player got a built in amp and speaker terminals, or have you got a sepperate amp.
I have a Denon amp and oppo blu ray player and witch has two HDMi input so my box goes in here the my player sends it to my amp.
If you get it sort there is some good 5.1 movies on Navix it in the Much power movie some are DTS too.

Dave

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
@aphrodita If you're still having problems, can you come and grab me for a live chat (ask for Chris, explain I requested this) during office hours? If you could have the exact make and model of the TV, audio equipment, type of cables used etc, we'll hopefully get to the bottom of this, if the issue remains.