Ben.Ayres

Aug 17, 2016
Hi:
When I turned on my box and clicked on Kodi, I got a new home page yesterday. No access to any of my add-ons. I have attached a picture of the home screen as it now appears. If I click on any of the menu choices (IE: Movies), all I get is a choice between "Saved Movies" or "PVR". No add-ons. When I click on settings and go to add-on managed. It shows the add-ons as still being active, but I can not access them for use.
I have spent hours going through the menus, and can't find a way to get back to the normal Kodi home screen and menus.
Please Help!

Thanks
Ben:confused:

Attachments

• kodi1.jpg
    kodi1.jpg
    918.1 KB · Views: 158

angela

Mar 3, 2015
Hi, It may be it has changed skins, in kodi go to System or Settings > Appearance > Skins, to see if the skin you were using is there,click on the skin to change it back.

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
1) Try switching skins (if you've not already). I'm an avid Confluence fan, so not sure of the labels used by that skin, but try something like:
Settings>Appearance (not Skin Settings if they both exist)>Skin (might be top entry)>Switch to Confluence and if asked, confirm the change. If Kodi behaves properly now, can check the other skins listed.

2) If you prefer, you could try just temporarily renaming a file - GUISettings.xml in Kodi's userdata folder. Let us know if you're not sure where to go to do this.

[edit]
Sorry, had this post 1/2 written earlier, didn't refresh before completing the post, hence duplicating Angela slightly!

Ben.Ayres

Aug 17, 2016
Hi, It may be it has changed skins, in kodi go to System or Settings > Appearance > Skins, to see if the skin you were using is there,click on the skin to change it back.

Hi:
Both "Appearance & Skins Settings" exist. I tried "Skin Settings"....didn't work. I will try "Appearance" when I get home tonight, and let you know if it worked. Yes "Confluence" is the way it was set up before....not sure how it got changed.
I do not understand what you are recommending as option #2.

Thanks
Ben

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
Re skin getting changed, 99.9% of the time (did you know 85.32% of stats are made up/vaguely approximated?) it will be a Wizard type of add-on that installs add-ons, tweaks and new skins. Really glad you're sorted now, thanks for taking the time to let us know.