1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kodi Krypton 17.0 Crashing - HELP NEEDED

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by CameronBriggs, Feb 16, 2017 at 4:43 PM.

1. CameronBriggs

CameronBriggs New Member

Hi all, new to the forum and was hoping someone would be able to put me out of my misery! I have an Amazon Firestick and Kodi 16.1 Jarvis has been working fine since installing it. No fancy builds, just the usual add-ons.

I tried to install Kodi 17 Krypton - after opening this, it says 'Preparing for first run' .. when the loading bar is finished, I get a slight flash on the screen saying 'Starting Kodi' and that's the point it crashes and goes back to the home screen. Here's what i've tried so far.

- Forcing stop, clearing cache, launching application.
    - Forcing stop, clearing cache, clearing data, launching application.
    - Forcing stop, clearing cache, uninstalling, reinstalling, clearing cache, launching application.
    - Factory reset on the firestick, installing from scratch, launching application.

Nothing is working - i've simply got no idea on what's stopping it from running. I'm downloading from the designated ARM on the kodi.tv/download website. I've even tried one of the most recent 'Nightly' installs, still without any luck.

If I then go back to install Jarvis 16.1, it works absolutely fine and I can continue with what I was doing before. Please say someone can help!

Thanks in advance :)

2. tpepa

tpepa New Member

Have you tried purge the packages ? Another thought but sounds like you've done almost everything that's going to rectify the problem I'd go back to 16.1 if I was you how many Meg are you using up normally 700 Meg works fine I found once you starting adding to much data to many addons it causes problems on the Firestick go to 16.1 if I where you ,it will work fine unless someone else has any ideas hope you get some more answers seems to me though you tried everything I installed 17.0 on a Firestick the other day with the paradox build on it and it worked absolutely fine good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited: Feb 16, 2017 at 5:13 PM
  3. CameronBriggs

CameronBriggs New Member

I haven't but i've also been checking the memory and even with after Kodi installed (around 132mb), it's still only using around 10% of the space on the stick. Even when uninstalling 16.1/factory reset, and simply trying to install Kodi without any addons, it just crashes every time. So strange. And i'm exactly the same as you, I only found out Krypton was live when I set up a firestick for a family member with no problems at all.

Thanks for your help either way - let's see what others have to say!

Cheers

4. sean99

sean99 Well-Known Member

Hi is your firesticks os up-to-date?

5. sean99

sean99 Well-Known Member

You could try downloading 17 from google playstore also.