@CRH1980

Feb 24, 2015
Hi I haven't yet updated my T8 as yet to Kodi, will it run ok or would anyone recommend updating.

Take it I would have to put the latest wizard & update keyboard for the air mouse.

It's running fine at the min just in car there is anything new.

Cheers & appreciate it as always

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
Both my worktime opinion (DroidBOX employee, keep all customers up to date and content) and off the clock personal opinion would be to stick with the current (presumably Gotham) build unless you come across a killer video add-on that demands a Helix or later build. I've only come across two such add-ons so far, but haven't tested them.
As an example, I have one very old device here that I've kept on Frodo (an even older version of XBMC) all this time simply because the only add-ons I use with it, still work..
If you want to switch to a Helix build (the version at which XBMC renamed itself as an app/organization to Kodi) then we currently have some customers using a build we created. This should soon reach public release status, in the meantime send us an e-mail - http://www.droidboxforums.com/threads/what-to-include-if-you-need-to-e-mail-us.364/ - if you'd like to jump over to it early.