rchads89

Oct 19, 2015
Hi chaps spoken to Chris in the online chat was very helpful referred me to the forum to ask the question here also.

Currently have a M8 box 2GB ram, S805 cpu with 8GB storage, the box keeps resetting the time very annoying when you have to keep shutting it off and battling to get it to set correctly.

Looking at getting a new box for Kodi mainly watch live football, and movies. Noticed main thing apart from storage is the CPU boxes either have the S905 QUAD or the RK3668, which is the better option ?

Thanks

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
Hi. I am not expert enough to make that call, hence posting the link. If it is a critical question I would say do some more googling. All I can say is that any of the t8 series droid boxes (812 or 905 processors) are powerful enough for viewing football and movie streams.

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
Its not all about the processor. The t8s plus has 32gb of on board storage plus capability to fit a hdd internally. The t8 mini has 16gb of on board storage.
The mxqpro is a budget machine, yes with the 905S but just 1gb of Ram and 8gb of on board.
If you have the cash buy the t8S if you want lots of storage, t8 mini if you really want a machine with a 905 processor. All i can tell you is i have both and they both deliver (in other words there is no visible difference i can see watching movies or sport). Remember its not all about processor type - as i said right at the start, bb/fibre speed and most importantly contention at the server hosting the streams is probably as vital.

Reactions: David Savage

rchads89

Oct 19, 2015
Just want the best hardware for the money really... that is all, I will only use the box for kodi sports and films my internet is good 200MB virgin media.

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
Then go for the t8mini. You'll get a proper warranty and support from a UK based company, plus as you have seen, an active user community who can offer advice and help if needed. There are regular OTA updates as well to keep your machine up to date.
Don't risk buying no name brands on ebay or amazon etc.

rchads89

Oct 19, 2015
I want to go for the best hardware for the money which ever one that is looking through each model am still unsure .... The CPUs are similar but the top of the range has the older chipset in now is that chipset better than the rest pfff no idea even reading through the comparison sites it doesn't say which is better!

sean99

Aug 7, 2014
Hi rchads89 think you should give Chris another ring 1st thing in the morning and ask him regarding the best hardware of the 2 as he is 1 of the main players at DB, be as well ordering it while your on the fone to him also:)

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
I'm afraid my responses over at the live chat were quite similar to here, with a few car analogies thrown in. I also linked in to a benchmark comparison or two. Not got a T8 Mini to compare side to side with the T8-S Plus etc, so had to rely on stats from the internet and the experience of our community here :)

(S812 = older tech, but in many areas, still more powerful than the S905. I think my analogy was something like a decent 7 year old Subaru Imprezza could probably outperform a brand new average Ford Focus in most respects)