Ray(str)

Nov 4, 2015
Hi all,
Can someone just clear up a small point for me please? My box (T8-S Plus) came with LibreElec 8.2.0 and Kodi 17.5 embedded. I am concerned that I am running an OLD kodi, instead of the better 17.6 but when I go to the OTA option nothing is available, and it reports unable to connect to remote server - is this correct? I can't understand why the box was sold to me with Kodi 17.5, when 17.6 is available. I've not had it that long.....any help would be really appreciated....Thanks Guys!

Ray(str)

Ray(str)

Nov 4, 2015
Hi Nigelar…
Hope you are well mate.....Thank You for your reply...….
Just to clarify: I am referring to the embedded Kodi within LibreElec, which is 17.5. I know you can install Kodi separately from the Playstore but that would run from within Android and NOT from within LibreElec. Is there any way of updating the Kodi that launches when you start LibreElec? Like I say, when I go to the OTA updater it reports no connection with the server. So, to simplify: LibreElec 8.2.0/Kodi 17.5 on my box now.....can this be updated? The box is Version 2 by the way.

Dave C

Staff member
Marketing
Sep 1, 2015
London
www.droix.co.uk
There is no update to Kodi 17.6 for LibreELEC at the moment. I will see if I can find some more information on newer releases.

fjz22

Apr 30, 2016
is there a new firmware update coming for the T8-S PLUS V2?, its been over a year now since there has been any upgrades

very_random_man

Sep 19, 2017
Hi guys. I've got a TS-8 Plus V2 from last year. Is the only way to update LibrElec via SD card in the link above? I don't really use the Android side of things but I had a look on there at the OTA Updater app and it said there weren't any updates available. Is that just for updating Android stuff?

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
Hi, the link i posted says that an ota update will follow so look out for it if you don't want to use the SD card method. Ota updates cover both android and librelec

very_random_man

Sep 19, 2017
Oh right. Ok, thanks. :)

That post is from May. Based on previous updates does anyone know the sorts of time-frames involved in the release process? :)

very_random_man

Sep 19, 2017
So how's that OTA Update coming on? :)

Although now if I try to check for updates I get 'Error fetching update info: Error communicating with server!'. Any idea what that is about?

very_random_man

Sep 19, 2017
Oh ok. I only use LibreELEC. If the LibreELEC build isn't stable enough does that mean updating via SD card (as per the link above) is not recommended either or is the problem purely an OTA issue?

Recently I think LibreELEC actually tried to update itself when I switched the box on. It downloaded files but then failed for a reason i can't remember. Should it be able to update itself like that?

Bit of a noob question here but is there any harm in just updating libreelec on its own? I'm sure i read you can do it via SSH. Or is that just a recipe for disaster? ;-)

Dave C

Staff member
Marketing
Sep 1, 2015
London
www.droix.co.uk
I would advise to only update via the guide we have on the forums. There are other ways of doing it but we do not provide support and it may be incompatible software.

alexandr

Mar 26, 2015
LibreELEC is fairly stable, but Droidbox has not released a completely different reason.