Dave C

Staff member
Marketing
Sep 1, 2015
London
www.droix.co.uk
DroidBOX Team is pleased to announce LibreELEC 8.2.5 Final version for T8-S Plus V1 model.

Changes
  • Kodi 17.6
  • other fixes TBA

THIS UPDATE IS FOR THE v1 EDITION OF THE DroidBOX T8-S Plus device
If you have the T8-S Plus v2, T8-S, T8, T8 Mini or anything other than a DroidBOX T8-S Plus v1, do NOT flash this file, at best it won't work, at worst it could brick your device.

Long term members will know the score, you can skip a paragraph or two...

This file is likely to be part of an OTA update in the near future. It is not yet official. If you do not want to factory reset your device, or don't have the time to report any issues found, please wait for our next official OTA update.

However, if you know what the Recovery menu is, how to access it, and are happy to help trace issues to their root cause, LibreELEC 8.2.5 with Kodi 17.6 is available for your DroidBOX T8-S Plus v1.

File to download: https://mega.nz/#!PDQFlJgB!w3ohFZWRJzG4PF1ihywMmDib1ZzgENmle1zfFb6QtOc
If you are on a Mac, you may need to this first: https://wiki.umbc.edu/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=31919091

What to do:
  • Copy the ZIP file (do not decompress it, you should only have one file called LibreELEC-DroidBOX.arm-T8SPlus-8.2.5-update.zip to copy, and it should be 134Mb) to an SD memory card
  • Turn your DroidBOX off and safely eject the card from your PC/Mac/other device, and insert the card in the T8-S Plus v1's memory card slot
  • Holding down the Restore switch on the side (behind the USB sockets), turn on your T8-S Plus v1. DO NOT LET GO OF THE SWITCH YET.
  • Once you see the Recovery menu on screen, release the Restore button.
  • Click on the "Apply Update from EXT" option.
  • This time, click the "Update from sdcard" entry.
  • Finally, click on LibreELEC-DroidBOX.arm-T8SPlus-8.2.5-update.zip file
  • Once the process completes, select the Wipe Data/Factory Reset option (this will effect Android as well as LibreELEC)
  • Once the process completes, select the Reboot now option.

The following video shows the process. Although in this case we're flashing a LibreELEC firmware, rather than a ZIP file with an official OTA update, the steps remain the same.

Let us know if you encounter any issues, the more detail the better.

Last edited:
Reactions: megon44 and sblabs

DroidBox User

Apr 20, 2018
Are there any Firmware Tools you can make available to that the firmware can be edited/customised by those who wish to ?

alexandr

Mar 26, 2015
This will not help for LibreELEC.
Cust.Tools only for Android.

Отправлено с моего Moto G (5) Plus через Tapatalk

Zipmeister

May 21, 2017
Just tried updating mine, have gone through the process twice but the results are the same, after rebooting it gets stuck on the opening screen (Droidbox/LibreELEC) splash screen and does not go any further!

Any advice on how to fix this?

I have switched back to the working one (8.0.1) for now

Last edited:

Dave C

Staff member
Marketing
Sep 1, 2015
London
www.droix.co.uk
Just tried updating mine, have gone through the process twice but the results are the same, after rebooting it gets stuck on the opening screen (Droidbox/LibreELEC) splash screen and does not go any further!

Any advice on how to fix this?

I have switched back to the working one (8.0.1) for now

To confirm, you have installed the correct firmware for your device which should be a T8-S Plus v1. Did you wipe data & clear cache after installing the update?

Zipmeister

May 21, 2017
Yes, I have the T8-S Plus V1 and have installed the version in here, after installing I did the wipe data, went through the process twice but each time after rebooting it just got stuck on the opening splash screen, I left it for around 10 mins because it said it would take longer on the first boot but after 10 minutes it went nowhere!

Dave C

Staff member
Marketing
Sep 1, 2015
London
www.droix.co.uk
Is it stuck on the DroidBOX Boot Menu screen or the LibreELEC screen? Could you please try booting it on another TV if possible? What screen resolution does your TV support?

Zipmeister

May 21, 2017
It gets stuck on the LibreELEC splash screen which has the Droidbox logo at the top, I have a 49" LG TV which supports 1920 x 1080.

I will unplug and try on another TV later on today to see if that works.

Zipmeister

May 21, 2017
Day off today so I have tried on other TVs but its still getting stuck, there is a line across to the top of the screen like it is crashing.

I will try the one which alexandr has put on here now to see if that works!

Zipmeister

May 21, 2017
Thank you alexandr! Doing it via that file worked with no problems at all so not sure why it didn't work with the other! 17.6 here I come!

alexandr

Mar 26, 2015
This links includes borh format, and img, an zip.
Why i use img, as a rule it's easier for me to flash the firmware via img

jeffr

Dec 15, 2016
Thank you Alex.. Ok im having proplems im lost .. I did the update everything took to 17.6 / updated using format sd card, i then tried installing several builds 3 deffrent ones to be exact they get about half way or a bit more then crash.. so i then try just installing a addon it installes but will not open or play seams nothing is working not sure if im missing something kinda lost any help please

jeffr

Dec 15, 2016
update finaly got a build to work i installed it on LibreELEC- but noe box wont boot to android boots only to LibreELEC-

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
In Libreelec go into settings - appearance and change the skin to confluence.
You should now see a return to android option in the shut down menu.
Build developers often dont account for librelec and use skins which are android only compliant.