Mohkam Manak

Apr 5, 2016
Leeds
Hi - I did a OTA update on my My T8-S Plus box, and now LibreElec will not boot. Just gets stuck on the boot screen. I managed to access recovery mode and boot into Android just fine. I've done a factory and data reset but still no luck. Any tips?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
If you've got any accessories attached (via the USB sockets or the internal SATA hard drive connection), try temporarily removing them. If the remote control is not from DroidBOX, again try temporarily disconnecting the USB dongle for it. If these don't help, drop us an e-mail with your order ID and we'll get this sorted out.

SteveH

Apr 3, 2017
Hi I've posted in a different thread but I'm having the exact same problem, although I have

sh: can't access tty: job control turned off

On the libreelec boot screen. Any words of wisdom???

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
Can you try this please:

Open ES File Explorer.
Scroll down on the left and expand the last entry.
Turn on Root mode. Wait a few seconds before clicking anything, you'll likely get a request from SuperSU to grant ES File Explorer root priviliges, but it can take a few seconds to appear
Now expand the LOCAL menu on the left (towards the top).
Click the Device / entry
Open the SYSTEM folder
Open the PREINSTALL folder
Now delete the largest APKs. You can click the View entry towards the bottom to change the level of detail shown (so you can tell file size at a glance).

Send us an email when you get a moment, with your order ID or delivery address, we'll get you a ZIP to flash from Android's Recovery menu.
LibreELEC has been growing in size, it looks like if too much space was taken up before the update, LibreELEC fails to fully install properly and you get an error. Removing those APK files creates enough space, reflashing the ZIP simulates re-running the OTA app (which won't offer the update as already installed).

SteveH

Apr 3, 2017
Hi Chris, thanks for your help!
I emailed yesterday and Dave Cole has give me a guide and the locations to re flash my box. So i'm gonna give that a go when I can, I will also look into what you've said as well as in intrigued!

SteveH

Apr 3, 2017
Looks like I'll be getting back onto Dave in the morning...Software link hasn't worked. I have the img file though which is good.

SteveH

Apr 3, 2017
Oh right, well I've been instructed to download the software then load the img file in the software first and then plug the pc into the droidbox

Open the software and click on the second menu item and change the language to English.
Go to File then Import Image and open the firmware image.

Disconnect the power supply and do NOT reconnect it.
Now connect the USB cable to your PC and the USB port nearest to the power supply, if facing the front it is the one on the far right.
After a few seconds you will see on the software it will show 'Connected'
Click on the Start button to start the flashing.
NOTE: If red error text shows, please disconnect the cable and reconnect it.

When the flashing is complete, disconnect the USB cable and you can reconnect the power supply.
Switch it on and wait several minutes for it to boot for the first time.

Mohkam Manak

Apr 5, 2016
Leeds
Oh right, well I've been instructed to download the software then load the img file in the software first and then plug the pc into the droidbox

Open the software and click on the second menu item and change the language to English.
Go to File then Import Image and open the firmware image.

Disconnect the power supply and do NOT reconnect it.
Now connect the USB cable to your PC and the USB port nearest to the power supply, if facing the front it is the one on the far right.
After a few seconds you will see on the software it will show 'Connected'
Click on the Start button to start the flashing.
NOTE: If red error text shows, please disconnect the cable and reconnect it.

When the flashing is complete, disconnect the USB cable and you can reconnect the power supply.
Switch it on and wait several minutes for it to boot for the first time.
Hi Steve

I also got the little error in the top right.

I was speaking with David Cole from DroidBOX who sent me a link to a zip file. His instructions were ...

"Insert your SD Card into your computer, and format it as FAT32 then copy the .zip file on the root of your SD Card.
Turn OFF your DroidBOX and plug in your SD Card into it.
Holding down a toothpick or a thin piece of metal down the "RESTORE" hole in the right-side of your device POWER ON your device holding the "Restore" button for about 8-10 seconds until you'll see the recovery menu.
Please click on "Update from SD Card", and the process should begin.Click on "Reboot to system" after the process is done, and you should be good to go.

Note: the first boot can take up to 15 minutes as everything is being re-built, please be patient."

Mohkam Manak

Apr 5, 2016
Leeds
No idea, probably best you get in touch and confirm why the process/file is different.

Frank Murtagh

Jun 11, 2017
I have the same problem after doing an OTA update end of April. Gets stuck in openelec boot(job control turn off) been waiting for a new OTA update ,not forthcoming ! to see if it will fix the problem . Need some help?

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
@Frank Murtagh Pop over to our main website and start a live text chat there. Please ask for me, we'll remotely connect to the DroidBOX and check a couple of things.

If you're happy diving in (or can't get to the site 10am-5.30pm Monday-Friday), send us an email - [email protected] - with a link to this thread and your order number/full delivery address please and we'll find a different approach.