Tally

Oct 6, 2017
Hi any help much appreciated, while on kodi on elec I message came up about an update, the unit went very laggy so I left it, but after an age I shut down, when I rebooted it said it was updating but keeps coming up with this error please help !! When I try available updates OTA via android it says error communicating with server!

20190506_133438~2.jpg

Bob261

May 6, 2019
A similar thing happened to me but I didn’t see what stage it got to. The box rebooted but now just sits on the load screen where you can go in Android or Libreelec and I can’t do anything with it, can’t even get the recovery menu.

Dave C

Staff member
Marketing
Sep 1, 2015
London
www.droix.co.uk
First try a factory reset, the guide can be found at https://droidbox.co.uk/how-to/accessing-your-droidboxs-recovery-menu/ . If that does not work then try reinstalling the firmwares for your devices. Double check which device you have from the label on the bottom of your device and you can find the firmware guides on the respective forum category on this forum. If you are not sure, email [email protected] with your order number, or full name and post code the order was sent to, and we can check which device you have and link to the guide.

jeffr

Dec 15, 2016
Hi Dave Im having same proplem as others stated above .. ive tred all that you posted [ First try a factory reset, the guide can be found at https://droidbox.co.uk/how-to/accessing-your-droidboxs-recovery-menu/ . If that does not work then try reinstalling the firmwares for your devices. Double check which device you have from the label on the bottom of your device and you can find the firmware guides on the respective forum category on this forum. If you are not sure, email [email protected] with your order number, or full name and post code the order was sent to, and we can check which device you have and link to the guide. ] still keeps updating and the update seams to be messing up the box .. U was wondering is there anyway to shut off or stop the box from updating ?