ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
It isn't a new firmware, at least it isn't an official one of ours. As to whether it sorts automounting NTFS partitioned USB devices, not sure. I've bricked my non-Android iMX6, so haven't tried this firmware.

rangerGR

Jul 29, 2014
Ι have tested the new non-official firmware. It works with no problem. I didn't test it with my ntfs hard disk yet, I will try it when I go home and I will post the results.

@SilentlyScreaming, gotham is out for a along time and it looks very stable. There are a lot of custom firmwares with openelec for devices based on Amlogic chips (I have found 2-3 different on various forums) claiming to work on iMX6, but nothing official. For the android version you have a gotham firmware.
Why is that? Have you dropped support for iMX6 MCE?

inspector-71

Sep 17, 2014
@SilentlyScreaming, you'll have to forgive me here if I am speaking out of turn as I do not know your relationship with the company supplying these boxes and you have been very helpful in your support.

However, the MCE edition boxes simply do not work. I can't play files from a NTFS drive and these are advertised with "USB Storage Extendable (Flash Drives/HDD) ". I realise this may be down to the builds of XBMC but at the end of the day, I have purchased something which doesn't work as would reasonable be expected from the description. I'm willing to have a mess about with it and try various fixes but I don't think that is really acceptable for a product on commercial sale.

inspector-71

Sep 17, 2014
Thanks for the openelec gotham firmware. Installed perfectly and automount of ntfs seems to be working as far as I have tested it so far. Great support

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
@rangerGR - we don't have a DroidBOX Android KitKat firmware/Gotham XBMC for the iMX6. I'm working on it, but there is nothing official. We no longer sell the MCE edition of the iMX6 I believe (I've not checked our eBay or Amazon listings recently though), but we'll still support the devices we've sold. If I get some time when I don't need my iMX6 to have an Android firmware for a few days, I'll swap it over to the Gotham based MCE/OpenELEC one, check for any undiscovered issues, and create a post for it if all goes well.

@inspector-71 I think part of the problem has been that in the past the majority of our customers were using FAT/FAT32 partitioned devices with their iMX6 MCE. I converted my external drives back to FAT32 when I was working with some old Macs a while back, otherwise I'd have seen the issue in time. I've resized one of the partitions on my little drive to create room for an NTFS partition, so testing can be more thorough in the future.

yllib76

Mar 24, 2015
Hi guys dose anyone know if you can remove linux from your android box and put the original firmware back on as i have mistakenly put the wrong linux firmware on my m6 and now the remote will not work

yllib76

Mar 24, 2015
You may need to post it to us, or find a 3rd party Android firmware to flash over the current one.
If you don't get any joy, send us an e-mail please - http://www.droidboxforums.com/threads/what-to-include-if-you-need-to-e-mail-us.364/ - and link to your post - http://www.droidboxforums.com/posts/11374/
same minds think alike used a bootloader to push the box into recovery then down loaded firmware listed on this site worked a treat, although its a slightly different version i have had to download kodi and now have to reinstall everthing. thanls for your help

Reactions: ChrisM