epp82

Dec 9, 2019
Hi,

I bought a RG-350 for my niece for christmas and want to set it up with a selection of ROMs. I can copy them via SFTP and they work, but don't get listed on the games tab. I would like to clean up the games section (she won't be interested in Quake, Duke or Doom :D) and add those that she likes, any way to do that?

Thanks in advance :)

Peter

Dave C

Staff member
Marketing
Sep 1, 2015
London
www.droix.co.uk
To remove an icon from the menu you can highlight the icon and then press START, there should be a menu with some options including how to delete, it would be something like DELETE QUAKE. The last option will delete the entire tab so I would avoid choosing that one.

I am not sure if loading a ROM directly from an icon is possible by default but with some playing around with creating a new icon, then changing the path settings for the emulator and the path to a specific ROM it could be possible. It is out of our scope to provide support for this but our guide about setting default paths will give you the basics on how it works. You can read the guide here. https://droidbox.co.uk/how-to/how-to-change-emulators-default-folder-in-gmenu2x/ If you do plan to experiment with this, I would advice to back up the firmware first. Please note that opening the device does void the warranty so you do this at your own risk.

epp82

Dec 9, 2019
Thanks Dave, that already helped alot. I don't think that I need specific ROM icons, setting the default directory and disabling the selector browser is quite enough.
I onky see those two manu entries though, Selector Directory & Selector Browser. Is there a way to enable some kind of extended mode so I can chance the name and icon of a link? I would like to rename the emulators by the respective console's name and setting an icon of that console if not already present.

Dave C

Staff member
Marketing
Sep 1, 2015
London
www.droix.co.uk
I just checked and could not see any immediate way of renaming the emulators. You could probably do this by manually editing each emulators filename or description but this is out of our support scope.

You may be able to do this easier with a custom firmware as it uses a newer version of the GMenu frontend which I am sure supports renaming them. But please be aware you need to open the device which voids the warranty.