twa96

Aug 13, 2016
Okay so my previous threads explains the issues I was having after recently installing 17.1 on my T8-S Plus box.

Well I decided to uninstall Kodi and install SPMC from Google Play. Bingo. Everything works perfectly. No stuttering. Watched Live TV and perfect. Watched The Flash (a bit) and perfect.

Only issue is the box rebooted. Watching live tv and it just rebooted. Then it did it again when watching The Flash and this time I had a blue hill/mountain after the reboot and nothing happened. It just stayed there.

BTW this also happened previously when I installed Kodi (32bit ARM) from Kodi website to try and sort out the stuttering issues.

So did yet another factory reset (toothpick in the hole) and uninstalled the preinstalled Kodi from Google Play and installed SPMC from Google Play again. So far no rebooting. Staying up to watch The Flash from beginning to end to see (one episode).

Will let people know if the rebooting happens again.

twa96

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
The version of dbmc preloaded on the box is based on spmc so you could probably have stuck with that since i recollect you had good results with that version?

twa96

Aug 13, 2016
Hi Nigelar

I think something also went wrong on the DBMC after a while that made me give up and just try the SPMC.

Still feel there is an underlying issue with the 5.1.1 box and Kodi 17.1. Maybe it's just me and the God's conspired to drive me mad this week!

twa96