twa96

Aug 13, 2016
Hello

Box: T8-S Plus v1

I am having a bit of a pickle with my android (17.1) when it comes to live tv. I have noticed that there is a bit of stutter as I am watching it. Almost as if it wants to buffer. I have enabled InputStream Client and VideoPlayer InputStream, unticked Allow hardware acceleration (MediaCodec Surface and MediaCodec) to no avail.

I have tried both MediaCodec individually but it still stutters slightly. I can see it. I feel this is also connected to the fact that when I start Kodi the intro is a few seconds behind (not in sync with the audio - intro music) when the Kodi logo is displayed.

Everything else on the android works perfectly.

Funnily enough Kodi is perfect on my laptop. No issues whatsoever with anything including Live TV which is why the box is driving me mad.

Any suggestions?

Regards

twa96

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
As a matter if interest, do you get the same problem with a Kodi 16 variant like DBMC which should be installed on your machine?
Is it any particular addon/tv channel or several? If you can name them I can try and replicate.

twa96

Aug 13, 2016
Hello Nigelar

Thanks for responding. I have just tried to install NoobsandNerds on LibreElec but whenever I go to install from zip file it freezes the box. Same goes for when I tried to install Sport Mania zip file. Everything freezes and I have to press the shutdown menu. I would think this would happen for any addon.

The stuttering is happening on anything now. Watching live BBC or sports using SM which is seamless and I have never had any issue with stuttering. Same issue with watching tv shows on specto fork or any of the tv/movie add-on. It's a slight glitch/stuttering/slow motion sort of thing. I hope I am making sense. It's subtle but obvious.

Guessing I have to do a complete reset of box?

Regards

twa96

twa96

Aug 13, 2016
Also noticed that when watching live bbc the audio is ahead of the picture by a few seconds until catching up.

When it's live sports, it's the same but also the opening footage e.g. tennis shot down the line, repeats the same shot again then continues on with the converge. Hope this makes sense.

twa96

Aug 13, 2016
Sorry me again. Sorry for the bit part replies.

Just tried DBMC and it works perfectly. Installed specto fork and its brilliant same with SM for sports. Watched the ATP tennis and perfect footage.

DMBC = Perfect

Kodi 17.1 and LibreElec = Issues