Andrew Wilson

Aug 3, 2014
Hi, I'm trying to activate the Live TV Option on the XBMC main page. my friend has his working fine(not on a droidbox), however when I try to activate, I get the Pop up - No PVR add-ons could be fould, saying I need a tuner, backend software and an add on for backend to be able to use PVR. this points me to the xbmc.org/pvr.

How can I get this live tv option on my X7. Thanks

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
Check which add-ons your friend is using. In general, the PVR wiki is correct, please visit the link you mentioned
h a TV tuner adaptor to create a
The PVR add-ons are for TV tuner cards or USB dongles. The use of the term PVR does cause confusion. It may be that your friend has an add-on which uses online streams of channels with an EPG guide, and uses PVR in it's name. Check which he has, and please do let us know which it is, we'll see what the background is to it.

Andrew Wilson

Aug 3, 2014
Hi, I'm trying to activate the Live TV Option on the XBMC main page. my friend has his working fine(not on a droidbox), however when I try to activate, I get the Pop up - No PVR add-ons could be fould, saying I need a tuner, backend software and an add on for backend to be able to use PVR. this points me to the xbmc.org/pvr.

johnfirewall

Sep 25, 2014
In XBMC go to System/Add-ons/Disabled Add-ons then click PVR IPTV Simple Client and Enable. You'll probably need the settings for that add-on to actually get any TV however. Let me know.

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
Thanks for the add-on name. Which operating system does your friend's box use? Ah, not to worry. Some of the online documentation indicates it isn't available for Android, but that may be out of date?

Watch the video here -

He uses the URL http://xty.me/xbmclivetv in the video, but if you read the little speech bubble type thing, you'll see this URL has been updated to http://xty.me/vdubt25 , which is what should be in your system already.

OK, I'm still struggling with this one. Windows 7 64-bit with Gotham, I've had it working no problem. On Android, XBMC 12.4 doesn't work (the video guy does mention this, but I thought it was worth a shot.) I had no joy with Gotham 13.1 on an AC8350 X7, I'll try 13.something else next, and see if I can find 12.3 on one of my devices.

Short version? Try copying the steps taken in the video. If you're using the newer Confluence Customizable Mod skin, then you'll need a slightly different menu - click around the same settings area the video shows, and you'll come across it, and I think the Live Streams area in the home screen has IPTV shortcut if you scroll to the right.

I'll post with more info I succeed with Android.

[edit]
Posted before seeing johnfirewall's response. The playlist you need to enter is in that YouTube video, and if you visit the page on YouTube's site, someone mentions a partial EPG pack URL to enter as well. Good luck.

Go to XBMC>System>Add-ons>Search>type in Simple and then start the search. If you see PVR Clients - PVR IPTV Simple Client listed, click on it (you'll need to scroll down a little to find the entry). Click on enable, and wait whilst XBMC reconfigures.

resin

Jul 8, 2017
pompano beach, FL

I just got a A95x tv box and it says I need a tuner, backend software, and add-on for backend . what did you do?

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
Pvr is a personal video recorder. Generally you would need a connected recording device to record live tv.

I cannot recollect the options under Kodi 17 but under 16 you usually enabled the simple iptv client to view iptv 3mu lists if that was your intention.

Reactions: ChrisM