deeger

Jun 2, 2015
I have just received my new T8-s, logging in so I could add the modded add-on pack to android was pretty easy.
But when it came to logging in to the add-on pack for the openELEC nothing would work. All I got was a message saying 'script failed' in the bottom corner of my screen.
Can anyone help and explain this to a newbie in basic terms please.

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
It sounds as though you haven't yet set up your WiFi connection in the OpenELEC OS during the first boot up.

Head to the Programs menu in Kodi and click on the OpenELEC Configuration
upload_2015-6-3_13-39-44.png

Now click on the Connections entry and then your WiFi network name. Now enter your WiFi password
upload_2015-6-3_13-42-17.png

Once you see something like this:
upload_2015-6-3_13-46-53.png

You're ready to go! (Press the Return key on your remote a few times and then test the Wizard again).

Reactions: David Savage

deeger

Jun 2, 2015
Thanks for your help that's exactly what it was. All good now except for finding my favourites after I saved some movies???? Not sure where to look????

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
It depends whether it was a Kodi-wide favourite that you saved previously, or specific to an add-on
From Kodi's homescreen, click on the little Star icon in the bottom left corner.
Now press up twice, you'll find yourself at the bottom of the favourites list. Find an entry you're happy to lose, and highlight it. Now press the MENU button on your remote (normally 3/4 horizontal lines) or if it has a QWERTY keyboard, you can press C instead.
Select the remove favourite option, and then go to the add-on where you previously added something as a favourite. Re-add it, and then return to Kodi's homescreen and click the star again. Check the bottom of the list.
If it doesn't appear, go to the first screen of the add-on (rather than a direct shortcut deep into the add-on, select it from the Media Portal or Videos>Add-ons menu. As an example, in Genesis you want to head to the My Genesis section, then over to TV Series or Movie.