gino76ph

Aug 22, 2014
Hi. Got the X7 Ultimate and so far it has been a mixed bag. Some add-ons/channels are not working, some just freezes and sometimes the box would not respond quickly enough when i press the Back button. For me it's nothing major but i want to ask something else.

Managed to find the sports channels (see my other thread) but i'm more interested with "entertainment events" channels (such as Oscars, Emmys, VMA awards, etc.), TV channels (such as Game of Thrones, etc.) and those "pay-per-view" boxing events? Would be better if they are in "enhanced" SD (576p format) or HD (720p) in stereo sound as the streams i watched so far have been somewhat off-stereo/mono-sih sound.

Please advice.

Thanks.

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
TV series and films are nearly always available in 720p or sometimes 1080p formats, because they're not being streamed live. If you treat XBMC and the add-ons like Sky Plus, you can often match what the American and UK TV channels are broadcasting, and watch them when you like.

Live streams that are popular, free and in HD don't always last long, because if they become too popular, the person hosting the live stream on their server will run out of bandwidth quite quickly.

gino76ph

Aug 22, 2014
I don't mind events that re not live and instead recorded in 720p like the Emmy's, Bafta, Oscars, etc. But, which add-on/channel i need to go to?

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
I'd Navi-X, use the search feature (see your other thread for the steps to take), you can also search icefilms from thre, which seems to have previous Emmy award shows, I didn't click past the first page to see if this year's was present.

Reactions: gino76ph

Paul B

Jul 15, 2014
For TV series and movies try vidics. Generally really good quality and lots of choice. If your videos start buffering then either just press pause and then play after a few minutes or just try another link.
Re sport then try Mash up/ Sports/ Buzzy sports/ Buzzys channels and there are loads there. I think I watched the Frosch fight there from what I can remember but I'm sure that someone will post the best link on the day of any event.

Reactions: gino76ph and ChrisM