Minkbomb

Sep 5, 2015
done all the steps in the email but the aml_upgrade_package.img will not install it just sites on the droidbox logo and wont go any further

Yeah me too .... cant get it to go past the Droidbox.co.uk screen .
Any time I've update any other Android Tv box there was always three files ..... but yeah im the same , it wont update .
Tried a 16gb card in an sd adapter and tried a 2gb card on its own .
Tried all the formats like fat , fat32 etc but still no joy :-(

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
I'm here, sorry about the delay.

https://droidbox.co.uk/how-to/droidbox-t8-firmware-recovery/
Follow the steps there to flash the T8 recovery firmware.
Once that is in place, attempt the beta firmware flash again please.
Grab us via [email protected] . We've got new staff in, and should be back to more frequent checks in the forum, but if you're waiting too long, drop us a line via e-mail with a link to the forum thread for background info.

Reactions: David Savage

barry

Jul 29, 2014
Just to let you know I tried to flash this beta t8s firmware with SD card but will not leave droidbox logo screen.

Reactions: Minkbomb

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
I'm getting help with this one, small chance of an update this afternoon, Monday more likely. Will update both here and the firmware thread itself. Presumably we're either missing a file, or some steps from our instructions. This will get sorted.

Reactions: Minkbomb

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
I've not got news, posting so you know this hasn't been forgotten/your post ignored. Sent another request through to the office to let me know what is missing or incorrect from the instructions, as there must be something missing if no one has been able to proceed.

Reactions: johncurry1982

Minkbomb

Sep 5, 2015
I've not got news, posting so you know this hasn't been forgotten/your post ignored. Sent another request through to the office to let me know what is missing or incorrect from the instructions, as there must be something missing if no one has been able to proceed.
I'm giving up with this..... I think because there's so little news or apparent movement with this it's never going to happen.

Sent from my SM-G935F using DroidBOX Forums mobile app

Reactions: johncurry1982

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
@Cloin It looks as though the instructions are incomplete and won't flash your device. I'm still waiting to hear back from colleagues as to where the issue is. I'll add a reply here when I hear more, and if the instructions/links are corrected will add you into the Beta testing group, thanks for your interest.

getyers

Feb 1, 2015
Spain
@Cloin It looks as though the instructions are incomplete and won't flash your device. I'm still waiting to hear back from colleagues as to where the issue is. I'll add a reply here when I hear more, and if the instructions/links are corrected will add you into the Beta testing group, thanks for your interest.
Where to get the firmware from. Thanks
George
Yeah I got the firmware today and tried it with no luck.I've done it a few times before so don't think the problem is on my end

Sent from my VF-895N using DroidBOX Forums mobile app

Sent from my SM-G900F using DroidBOX Forums mobile app

Minkbomb

Sep 5, 2015
Well that's another long spell without any updates ... I'll put a years wages on that we will never see one for the T8-S.
Has there just been another one for the T8-S Plus ? .... says it all really !!

Reactions: barry