Jake92

Jan 18, 2016
Hi all.

New to droidbox, purchased one over Xmas that was unavailable so had to wait for a few weeks for an M5.

Love it when it works but I am extremely hit and miss with it. Took a while to get use to and kodi rarely loaded videos at first and I cannot download further apps at all each download fails.

I finally got my head around it and got a few decent nights of movies before a weeks holiday in Spain.

Upon return, I cannot load any apps. Mainly kodi; I get the initial load then blank screen.

I have tried force stop and clear cache however no joy. I have looked into settings and seems as tho kodi was not shut properly and has stored and used over 3gb. I also now cannot open any app or install new due to no storage and cannot clear kodi cache or 5gb of data.

Can anyone help with this.

If I uninstall kodi how do I retrieve and start again and also how do I close apps using the standard remote and usb mouse.

(I will purchase a better remote should I be able to rectify this)

Many thanks in advance

Jake

Qaisir

Nov 10, 2015
Hello Jake,

You don't need to uninstall Kodi to free up the memory, just follow the below video to clear data and reinstall Wizard on Kodi:
Also whenever you are done by watching Movies or other TV shows try to Exit XBMC or Kodi properly by pressing the Power Icon.

For closing the Apps on the device you need to enable Task Bar. From Home screen go into settings(Two cogs)>Display>Hide Status Bar...Off.
After turning the "Hide status Bar" Off, you will get the status bar at the bottom of the screen then you need to press on Rectangle like icon that will show you all open application and then you can close them.

Hope it helps you out.

Reactions: David Savage

8bitDev

Jul 2, 2015
Hi all.

New to droidbox, purchased one over Xmas that was unavailable so had to wait for a few weeks for an M5.

Love it when it works but I am extremely hit and miss with it. Took a while to get use to and kodi rarely loaded videos at first and I cannot download further apps at all each download fails.

I finally got my head around it and got a few decent nights of movies before a weeks holiday in Spain.

Upon return, I cannot load any apps. Mainly kodi; I get the initial load then blank screen.

I have tried force stop and clear cache however no joy. I have looked into settings and seems as tho kodi was not shut properly and has stored and used over 3gb. I also now cannot open any app or install new due to no storage and cannot clear kodi cache or 5gb of data.

Can anyone help with this.

If I uninstall kodi how do I retrieve and start again and also how do I close apps using the standard remote and usb mouse.

(I will purchase a better remote should I be able to rectify this)

Many thanks in advance

Jake
Hi

Force stop-Closes the app properly if it bugs out and would not start again!
Clear cashe-Only clears specific files,for example broken add on instalation,but does not clear them fully
Clear data-Clear all files in Kodi(XBMC) and turn it back to defaults.

If you are using BT or SKY you may experience problems with parental control and SKY shield which needs to be turned OFF in order for add ons to work!

Exit with USB(computer)mouse can be done by pressing right click,the same with mini keyboard,on remote its back button.

Power OFF icon on screen is used on specific apps like Kodi(pressing OK or left click for confirmation navigation)

Regards

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: David Savage

derek

Oct 14, 2014
hi this is a differtn problem i have on my the m5 driod box.
the cursor is extreamly hard to manouver on screen .. how do i make it move faster?

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
Somewhere over the rainbow
Yes this is slow, most people opt to go for a wireless mouse like on the VIP remote or the B52 remote. They also feature a full keyboard on the reverse.
Droidbox sell these on there main site just click on the link on the front of this forum and go to accessories.

Enjoy

derek

Oct 14, 2014
thanks for the reply, ive had a look and i dont think that remote is compatable with my droid box ..i have the m5 box with a small aerial at the back..
the wireless remote one is for the T8 boxes...