Joe1944

May 4, 2015
I tried to update my M5 tv box using the SD card method. however, something has gone wrong and the box will not boot up. All that appears on my tv screen is "no signal".
Suggestions please.

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
Although it sounds simplistic, check the HDMI lead is firmly in both the box and the tv. Also try a different HDMI lead.

Joe1944

May 4, 2015
I tried that. Still nothing, it appears to have died. I may need to talk to the boys at Droidbox!

thereaper123

Feb 14, 2015
Have you another TV you can try the box on with a HDMI input maybe? The box may have defaulted to an 'out of range' refresh rate or along those lines that your main TV can not display at present but if you get the box working and displaying at lease on another TV you can set the HDMI up to auto etc, just a thought

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
@Joe1944 If temporarily switching to a different TV doesn't help, can you try a factory reset (same procedure with the recessed button as before, just make sure you DON'T have the SD card with firmware files on it in the DroidBOX at the time).
If that doesn't help, please send us an e-mail (see my signature)

JonboyH

Jul 16, 2016
Hi guys, have had a similar problem with my M5 box in the last fortnight! One evening it was working fine, the next it won't go past the initial 'boot' screen. I didn't use an SD card to set it up originally. Could do with your guidance as to how to get it working again, don't mind using an SD card if it's the best method. Thanks. Jon