delbhoy

May 12, 2015
Hi

two questions, firstly want to say the droidbox has been one of the best £60 ive spent..ever!!

IM trying to play HD movies/streams and their not very good on the M6, I have the fastest net connection I can get about 14meg. Ive read that the box cannot handle HD is this correct?

Secondly, can the Box handle Kodi ok? I tried installing Kodie 14.2 (Your version) and installing Marks version 5 build and it just crashes on this box either at install or post install but me trying to load Kodi up.

Thinking of upgrading the box if the above answers point to the M6 going in the bedroom.

Thanks again, D

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
1) I'd put the M6 in the bedroom and get a T8, but we'll try and get the M6 running well first.

2) Kodi - Unless you find an add-on that you must have, and it only works with Helix builds (when XBMC became Kodi) I'd be fine with Gotham or even Frodo on my device if my core add-ons work. That said, if Kodi is crashing upon boot up instantly, then wipe it's data and try the Confluence pack instead. Give us a call (see our website for the number) or start a live chat and we can hopefully sort this out. If you want to clear the data, run the Wizard and try the Confluence pack, then check http://www.droidboxforums.com/threads/resetting-xbmc-to-a-just-installed-state.27/

3) Whether with your current install, or swapping to a different one having a reliable test video to watch helps check for improvements/remaining issues. Using XBMC/Kodi/SPMC, head to the big list of video add-ons, and open Genesis. Onto TV Shows, then Search. Enter in Arrow then click Done. Select Arrow, then Season 3 and then Episode 22(3x22 This is your sword). I'm hoping you'll see VK and GVideo as sources with HD at the end (ignore the first word/term in search results). Try both VK and GVideo. If these play OK, we know other issues are down to the hosting company's servers or path of hops taken to it.
If the test goes well, stick to Genesis and iStream for film and TV series. Let us know if you need help with other online video categories.